Sr. Director, Strategic Solutions Architect
The Strategic Solutions Architect role will be responsible for establishing the scope of the enterprise, setting down architectural principles and vision and for ensuring the rigor and integrity of the enterprise architecture, together with associated deliverables. The Strategic Solutions Architect must be comfortable with leading a team of architects within business, application/systems, data/information and technical architecture disciplines and must be able to explain clearly the benefits of an architectural approach. He/she must be experienced in presenting and explaining the architectural views to clients at all levels from technical/IT staff to executives. The Strategic Solutions Architect requires experience in the following three architecture disciplines: applications/systems engineering, data/information architectures and technical architectures.
Essential Job Functions
- The Strategic Solutions Architect role will be a key delivery role. They will provide architecture support and lead end to end designs on an enterprise level:
- Analyze enterprise business context (trends and business strategy), as well as change requirements in other enterprise architecture (EA) viewpoints, to derive the EA future state. This includes defining the requirements, principles and models that guide technology decisions for the enterprise.
- Define high-level migration plans to address the gaps between the current and future state, in sync with the IT budgeting or other capital planning processes.
- Define metrics to measure and demonstrate strategic alignment and enterprise architecture value.
- Develop, document and communicate solution designs for enterprise IT projects and future plans
- Lead and develop technical strategies to integrate platforms (Gaming, Customr etc) with new and existing applications
- Responsible to document aspects of the portfolio and their role as they execute work. Present and socialize designs amongst peers as well as business units
- Awareness of systems management and operational support tools Security and/or infrastructure experience would also be a significant benefit.
- The EA must be able to consult with both business and IT partners to drive technology transformation.
- Lead the IT organization to operational efficiency by driving the strategic identification, planning and execution of business transformation projects. This may involve partnering with strategic vendors
- Obtain buy-in for future-state plans to integrate required business architecture, execute high level process changes and maximize improvement opportunities. Govern and manage work-stream process integration model
- Build high performing teams by assembling multidiscipline subject matter experts (SMEs), developing methodology for planning and execution, ensuring a common understanding of project objectives, identifying and managing risks and removing project obstacles to enhance productivity and minimize distraction and disruption.
- Identify dependencies and areas of contention with other work-streams and drive the achievement of program plan that captures and appropriately manages all challenges and considerations, including people, process and market related.
- Apply organizational expertise, continuous improvement methodology and business knowledge to create a consistent approach to evaluating core processes, identifying opportunities for improvement, developing employee re-engineering skills, building support for change and guiding project execution to achieve business goals and deliver financial benefits.
- Drive a performance management culture by mobilizing and developing individuals at all levels, encouraging cross-team and cross-function collaboration and leading the IT department to achieve positive results for the organization.
- Foster a positive environment by modeling cultural expectations and guiding leaders to reward performance and value "can do" people, accountability, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration, creativity and fun.
Knowledge and Experience
Gaming experience preferred but not necessary.
- 15+ years in an architecture and/ or equivalent technical leadership role
- R equires experience in architecture disciplines: applications/systems engineering, data/information architectures and technical architectures.
- Enterprise Architecture and Enterprise IT-thinking
- Prior experience with financial services, Manufacturing ,Service industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create rich diagrams and visual presentations in support of project delivery and strategy work
- Ability to navigate matrixed, multi-vendor organizations
- Experience working in a virtual environment with geographically dispersed teams
- Results driven behavior
- While this role does will not typically configure or engineer the telephony platform directly - the ideal candidate should have performed these roles in prior experience
- Strong experience of developing architecture in multi technology environment, where some of the applications could be in Cloud
- Strong knowledge of design and architectural patterns
- Experience of 'system of systems' architecture development, partitioning of functionality among applications and components and application interfaces/interoperability concerns
- Experience of software development methodologies and structured approaches to system development.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field required, MBA preferred.
Extensive training in technical disciplines, systems programming, systems analysis, computer technology, telecommunications theory and technology, and electronic hardware and software required.
Meet Some of Caesars Entertainment's Employees
VP, Finance & Assistant Treasurer
Joyce and her team of six collaborate with investors, treasurers, and Capital Marketing Teams to coordinate the financial interests of Caesars Entertainment and each of its subsidiary companies.
Back to top