Senior Manager - Financial Reporting & Technical
Caesars Entertainment is the world's most geographically diversified casino-entertainment company. Since its beginning in Reno, Nevada, more than 75 years ago, Caesars has grown into a family of affiliated resort casinos on four continents. Caesars-affiliated casino resorts operate primarily under the Harrah's, Caesars‚ and Horseshoe‚ brand names. Affiliates of Caesars also own the World Series of Poker‚ and the London Clubs International family of casinos. The Caesars Entertainment family's success is a result of an unblinking focus of building loyalty and value with guests through a unique combination of great service, excellent products, unsurpassed distribution, operational excellence and technology leadership. Caesars and its affiliates are committed to environmental sustainability and energy conservation and recognize the importance of being a responsible steward of the environment.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Financial Reporting. The overall objectives of this position are to ensure compliance with the company’s SEC filing and other reporting requirements and to ensure that the company’s financial statements, disclosures and policies are in accordance with US GAAP, along with proactively understanding the implications of future pronouncements on the company’s accounting and reporting.
- Leading the preparation of interim and annual SEC filings (i.e., 10-Ks, 10-Qs, earnings releases) for Caesars Entertainment and one or more other reporting entities, including the financial statements, footnote disclosures, and management’s discussion & analysis
- Ensuring compliance with XBRL requirements for multiple SEC registrants
- Leading the preparation of key sections of the annual proxy filing
- Overseeing the preparation of various non-SEC monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and statutory filings, such as stand-alone property financial statements, state gaming commission reports and debt compliance reporting
- Ensuring compliance with internal controls over financial reporting
- Assisting the internal audit department with documentation and testing of internal controls over financial reporting
- Assisting external auditors with quarterly review and annual audit procedures related to SEC and non-SEC reports
- Providing technical assistance to the accounting department on accounting for complex, non-routine transactions (e.g., financing transactions, acquisitions, dispositions).
- Performing research on complex accounting issues and preparing formal written documentation of analysis, conclusions, and support for conclusions
- Reviewing documents and agreements for accounting issues and reporting implications
- Remaining current and proactive on new or pending accounting and reporting guidance affecting the company and assisting with the interpretation and implementation of new accounting standards.
- Maintaining consistent process with effective controls for raising, evaluating and documenting technical issues
- Mentoring and training financial reporting staff or peers.
- Reviewing the work of financial reporting staff or peers.
- Assisting with or leading special projects, as requested.
- Continuous process improvement within areas of responsibility or assisting other departments with improvement projects.
We are looking for a detail-oriented, self-motivated, team player with the ability to work in an environment with multiple concurrent deadlines. A qualified candidate will also have excellent communication (written and oral) and critical-thinking skills and the ability to work with cross functional teams composed of various levels of personnel across the organization. To be qualified for this position, you will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (Master’s degree in Accounting or MBA preferred).
- CPA required.
- 8-10 years prior experience, including experience with a Big 4 accounting firm and experience leading an SEC reporting team.
- Experience with XBRL reporting (direct XBRL tagging experience preferred)
- Experience with researching and writing technical accounting position papers for non-routine, complex accounting concepts in accordance with US GAAP.
- Experience reading and interpreting accounting literature, proficiency in a variety of FASB Accounting Standards Codification topics.
- Experience with consolidated financial statements
- Experience with Infinium (general ledger) and Hyperion Financial Manager (reporting) preferred
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience using Workiva for preparation and filing of financial statements or other similar software application preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Caesars Entertainment reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
As a part of Caesars Entertainment’s employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Caesars Entertainment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Meet Some of Caesars Entertainment's Employees
Channel Marketing Analyst
Arielle creates easy-to-understand reports that encompass all of the company’s wants and needs so that they can be quickly incorporated into the organization’s roadmaps for implementation.
Back to top