Regulatory Lead Manager
Responsible to provide managerial oversight to the IT regulatory, IT Audit, and software license compliance team and technical oversight to ensure compliance with vendor software license agreements, management reporting of software license position, and vendor management to enable the business to meet its needs.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- In conjunction with Corporate Wintel Architecture and other Corporate IT entities, develop and implement a software license compliance process that follows standards approved by Corporate IT, meets Enterprise-wide business needs for rapid deployment, and meets internal customer needs for quality application installation – including virtualization strategies.
- Ensure adequate software inventory is on-hand to meet day-to-day business needs.
- Ensure that appropriate processes and tools, including Remedy, are effectively used for asset management, software license compliance, and overall technology lifecycle management are implemented and utilized.
- Audit key (regulated) IT Systems according to jurisdictional minimum internal controls.
- Ensure IT internal controls are written in compliance with jurisdictional minimum internal controls.
- Work with Corporate and Property Regulatory Compliance in conjunction with IT project teams to ensure relevant internal controls are compliant with jurisdictional minimum internal control standards.
DIRECTLY SUPERVISES (PLEASE LIST POSITION TITLES):
Regulatory Manager (1)
Regulatory Analyst (3)
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the following:
Software Licensing and Compliance
- Manage the team working with Altiris, Remedy, ILMT and other tools, ensure Caesars software licensing position remains in compliance with relevant vendors (Adobe, IBM, Microsoft, among others) licensing terms and conditions.
- Manage Software Asset Management function ensuring a minimum of quarterly license position reports are produced that include usage, forecasts, and entitlements that will be presented to the CTO and other members of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise to product owners, project managers, and other stakeholders relative to software licensing questions and issues.
- Manage the administration of software license provisioning including tracking, input to chargeback billing for in scope products – (Adobe, Microsoft, Endpoint Encryption – and any others that may be brought into scope.
IT Regulatory Compliance and Audit
- Manage the team responsible for auditing regulated systems in Nevada, ensuring the audits are performed in conformance with Minimum Internal Controls and Caesars internal controls:
oAuditing regulated systems to ensure Caesars Properties maintain regulatory compliance,
oAssisting auditors (Internal, SOX, IRS, Gaming Control) with data collection as well as responding to audit requests for all IT related questions,
oConducting audits of IT Systems to ensure Internal Controls are met.
- Ensure audit requests from third parties are responded to in a timely and high quality fashion.
- Ensure Caesars IT system of internal controls remain compliant with jurisdictional requirement across the Enterprise.
- Develop and maintain project plans, risk assessments and performance metrics to support implementation activities, completion of tasks, and scope control for assigned projects.
- Manage the definition, design, development and programming for two products or projects.
- Interpret and/or manage the standards process to ensure compliance.
- Prepare I.T. soft and accompanying operational scope constructs and present them to Property and Caesar's corporate management for approval. Monitor expenses against I.T. capital cost budgets and provide budgetary analysis when needed.
- Assist with business cases, modeling, and apply best practices. Seek new ways to add value. Increase detail knowledge and practice of standard internal processes and procedures. Able to communicate and educate others on the same.
- Ensure the project scope remains "in alignment" with stated departmental objectives, clients business needs, and budgetary measures.
- Maintain frequent high quality communications with property clients and all other affected individuals/ areas of projects and support, including project meetings, project plans, financial performance, project scope and key assumptions, dates, etc. While in project execution, facilitate user and leadership decision making through timely and accurate cost benefit, impact and sensitivity analysis in support of scope, resourcing and schedule decisions.
- Responsible for attracting, hiring, retaining and motivating staff as well as managing resources to meet business objectives. Responsible for employee termination when necessary.
- Conduct project performance reviews as well as ongoing assessment of strengths/weaknesses. Provide or secure the training necessary to ensure optimum job performance.
- Give management direction to matrix staff. Provide input to matrix staff's direct manager for performance reviews.
- From a given business requirement, leads the user through the requirements generation process, deriving the specific project operational requirements for validation and planning.
- Develop alternative project strategies and logical excursions. Develop precise planning assumptions, facilitate task estimation activities and personnel requirements.
- Manage relationships with relevant software vendors. Write and/or evaluate requests for proposal. Negotiate contracts. Develop understanding of vendor organizations. Manage problem escalation/resolution within the vendor organization.
- Communicate business objectives and align with organizational goals.
- Generate a departmental budget including creation of underlying general assumptions, associated risks and line item detail. Understand and articulate resource plans and requirements- non-discretionary vs. discretionary, analysis for giving the business choices. Perform variance analysis on an ongoing basis.
- Recognize and identify potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion.
- Responsible for developing and implementing strategic plans.
- Align vendor strategies to company's market strategy and objectives. Build long-term partnerships with strategic vendors. Align vendor metrics and goals to company financial targets.
- Manage conflicting priorities by understanding the business strategy and developing alternatives.
- Manage successfully in a cross-functional environment and negotiate workable solutions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in business management or a computer science-related field or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years related business experience.
- Superior communications skills, both verbal and written. Direct experience managing multi-faceted I/T integration projects. Working knowledge of process engineering and technical requirements generation in the user environment. Experience with current concepts in project risk assessment, metrics generation and analysis and risk management. Requires knowledge of underlying platform(s); prior experience working with interdependent platforms; working knowledge of standards and impact of non-standard approaches. Technical knowledge of business processes and procedures and underlying technical workings of system to support it. Ability to maximize system to support business processes, recommend and influence business process change to maximize use of system.
- Experience managing vendor relationships including negotiation, problem escalation and successful problem resolution.
Office at One Harrah's Court
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Caesars Entertainment reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
As a part of Caesars Entertainment's employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Caesars Entertainment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Meet Some of Caesars Entertainment's Employees
Channel Marketing Analyst
Arielle creates easy-to-understand reports that encompass all of the company’s wants and needs so that they can be quickly incorporated into the organization’s roadmaps for implementation.
Back to top