Program Manager (Lead Manager)
The Project Management Office and IT Shared Services Program Manager is a hands-on position requiring experience and expertise managing multiple projects and project teams. The Program Manager leads the development of the project managers assigned to the program, and drives projects to successful completion to ensure employee and business partner satisfaction. The Program Manager takes ownership and responsibility for the quality and precision of all project deliverables, and works collaboratively with other program managers to share leading practices, such that deliverables are produced in a standardized and meaningful manner.
The Program Manager works under the direction of and reports to the portfolio director of the assigned vertical within the Project Management Office and IT Shared Services.
Under the direction of the portfolio director, the roles are responsibilities of the position are as follows:
General management responsibilities
- Responsible for understanding and representing the strategic roadmap for the program, adhering to requirements of business goals and objectives, and monitoring and reporting progress of these activities.
- Responsible for managing project managers.
- Responsible for performance reviews of project managers.
- Prepares presentations, as required and as requested, and adheres to Project Management Office and company brand guidelines.
- Administers and conducts weekly project meetings, bi-weekly program meetings, and other meetings to promote and manage the program's projects.
- Participates in and provides meaningful contributions to the Project Management Office and IT Shared Services initiatives.
- Gains consensus of peers and superiors to build a collaborative team environment delivering exceptional customer service.
- Develops, implements, and maintains program and project reports.
- Routinely communicates program results to business and IT partners.
- Monitors the competitive dynamics of our industry and sector, and seeks opportunities to provide value add perspectives.
Role and responsibilities
- This role is a management position responsible for the oversite of a PMO program.
- Emphasis is placed on cultivating relationships with our business partners, colleagues in the PMO, others in IT, as well as others throughout the enterprise.
- The Program Manager works with business partners to gain intimidate knowledge and understanding of the business units' strategic roadmaps, and provides value add contributions such as technology and industry-based thought leadership, input and insights.
- Responds to project idea requests and provides support materials, as directed.
- Provides input on all associated downstream/upstream impacts of new project requests, and assesses the workload of project managers, and other stakeholders within the IT organization, and continually assesses project and program risk.
- The Program Manager possesses exceptional understanding of project budgets, forecasts, and schedules, and must be able to lead and perform in a hands-on manner throughout the project life cycle ensuring that projects are delivered on time, on budget, and with the highest quality and standards.
- Supports the vertical director in Requests For Proposal and contract negotiations.
- Consistently engages with the regulatory compliance team to ensure legal and other regulatory considerations are met and addressed.
- Manages, with others in IT, the business relationships with significant vendors.
- Provides or secures the training necessary to ensure optimum job performance of self and of direct reports.
- Seeks methods to optimize performance, reduce costs and improve service levels.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business management, project management, financial management, computer science, communications, or related field required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Four to eight years of professional experience with demonstrated excellence in people, process, and technology project management.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced technology environment.
- Willing to complete tasks under strict time constraints, which may require long, off-hour and weekend work.
- Willing to work on-site at any of our casino resorts, which may include exposure to noisy, smoky, and populated areas.
- Superior verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Expert skills in leading and managing on-site and remote workforce.
- Expert capabilities in the creation of meaningful reporting, interpretation of project data and trends to enhance portfolio decision-making.
- Capability to engage in all aspects of project management goal setting and strategy development.
- Nimble, and able to react quickly to changing business needs.
- The successful candidate must be comfortable juggling multiple priorities and possess the agility and tenacity to deliver on tight timelines.
- Ability to facilitate discussion and drive consensus.
- Proficient in all MS Office tools, awareness of IT and gaming applications, and experience with project management tools used by large companies
- Ability to work independently, and with integrated with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities in a dynamic, matrix environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Caesars Entertainment reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
As a part of Caesars Entertainment's employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Caesars Entertainment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Meet Some of Caesars Entertainment's Employees
Channel Marketing Analyst
Arielle creates easy-to-understand reports that encompass all of the company’s wants and needs so that they can be quickly incorporated into the organization’s roadmaps for implementation.
Back to top