Mobile %26 Digital Innovation Intern, Spring 2019
Department: Corporate Marketing - Mobile & Digital Innovation Team
Duration of Internship: Spring 2019
Preferred Major and/or Minor of Study: Marketing, Mobile, Social Media, Digital, Web, Business,
Level of student considered for Internship: College
Description of Intern's role for the department:
Assist the Mobile & Digital Innovation team with the following objectives: 1) optimize guest experience and product performance for Ivy and mobile ordering 2) reporting on performance of Ivy, mobile ordering & reputation management 3) analyze trending online review sentiment
3) Specific goals and objectives:
In order to assist with the main objectives of this role, assistance would be requested with the following items to include, but not limited to:
1. Assist with set-up and launch of additional properties for both Ivy and mobile ordering
2. Identify areas of opportunity for increased automation and efficiency in Ivy
3. Create, audit and maintain Ivy templates and smart responses
4. Liaison with third party vendors for troubleshooting and product enhancements
5. Aide in preparing weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting for Ivy, mobile ordering & reputation management as well as PowerPoint presentations
6. Monthly analysis of online review sentiment trends within each Las Vegas property to make recommendations on potential improvements directly impacting online review scores
7. Set-up user access for TripAdvisor, Yelp, Expedia, Booking.com, Ivy and mobile ordering
8. Monthly audit of Ivy users
9. Invoice processing and follow-up
10. Audit and ongoing upkeep of mobile ordering menus to ensure content is correct
11. Audit and update online review listings (TripAdvisor/Yelp/Expedia, etc.)
12. Daily reading of TripAdvisor/Yelp reviews for Las Vegas market for flagging
13. Daily responses to positive Yelp reviews in an effort to convert to TripAdvisor reviews
What specific knowledge, skills, or techniques will be learned?
Ability to work and succeed in a dynamic and fluid working environment 2. Organizational and project management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
Experience working with strategic cross-functional teams in a large corporation Ability to maintain composure and excellent customer/client relations under all circumstances 5. How to follow checklists and established process & procedures to complete projects
How, specifically, will these knowledge, skills or techniques be taught?
Hands on training with Manager, peers and sitting side by side working on tasks/requests. The intern will participate in meetings, presentations and staff meetings to learn how the departments within The Caesars Entertainment ecosystem work. The intern will also be hands on with both products to include Ivy and mobile.
How will this internship benefit the Intern's academic career? This position will expose the intern to the workings of a large corporation and how to collaborate cross functionally to complete projects and tasks which can be translated to group projects in class. The intern will also obtain a basic understanding of managing a customer facing product in a dynamic organization while communicating with all levels of management, other departments and third-party vendors. The exposure can assist in class when presenting and speaking to peers, professors and management.
Methods of Supervision: Supervised by Brenda Barré, Manager Mobile & Digital Innovation
Methods of Performance Evaluation: Bi-weekly check-in on performance to share feedback on areas of success and areas of opportunity. Willingness to complete any evaluation forms from intern's college/university required for internship/school credits.
Back to top