Manager - Technical Accounting
This position will be responsible for reviewing transactions recorded by Caesars Entertainment Business Services ("CEBS") group for appropriate accounting treatment and classification in the Company's financial statements. The Manager – CEBS Transaction Accounting will also monitor and develop accounting policies in response to newly issued accounting standards and Company initiatives and identify inconsistent practices across the properties and departments within the Consolidated Financial Operations environment. This person will report to and assist the Director – CEBS Transaction Accounting in reviewing transactions for appropriate accounting treatment.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conduct policy research
- Perform technical accounting analysis over a broad range of transactions including, but not limited to revenue recognition and lease accounting
- Maintain consistent process with effective controls for raising, evaluating and documenting technical issues
- Coordinate with other accounting and reporting teams within the Company in regards to implementing the accounting and reporting for significant and unusual transactions
- Remain current on new accounting and SEC regulations, proposed regulations, and agenda items of standard setters
- Assist in establishing or revision of accounting policy to reflect changes in US GAAP and SEC reporting
- Proactively follow new accounting and SEC regulations, proposed regulations, and agenda items of standard setters and inform the Consolidated Financial Operations leadership team of these new regulations
- Liaise with external auditors to evaluate and resolve conclusions on technical accounting matters
- Assist in the preparation of clear and concise documentation of technical analyses and conclusions
- Follow consistent process with effective controls for raising, evaluating and documenting technical issues
- Provide first-level review on documentation for accounting issues related to Consolidated Financial Operations transactions
- Identify compliance risks and take actions necessary to eliminate or minimize risks
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- An advanced degree is preferred
- CPA preferred / CPA eligible required
- Three to five years relevant accounting and reporting experience in a large company corporate environment, large regional accounting firm, or a Big 4 accounting firm serving publicly traded companies
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP reporting regulations and SOX compliance for a large public company
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to supervise individuals and develop a strong working team
- Ability to function in a fast paced setting
- Organized and detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
- Ability to adapt to new circumstances by understanding the changes and supporting management in communicating them in a positive manner
- Knowledge of computer software—MS Excel, MS Word, Access, Infinium, BlackLine, and HFM preferred
- Ability to identify changes in the business environment and make changes to control framework
- Familiarity of state regulations
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; able to lead meetings and communicate with all levels of management and present a well groomed appearance
- Must be a team player in a professional environment and actively participate in departmental discussions by bringing suggestions, recommendations and efficiencies to the table
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
Office environment. Business casual attire
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Caesars Entertainment reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
As a part of Caesars Entertainment's employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Caesars Entertainment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Meet Some of Caesars Entertainment's Employees
Channel Marketing Analyst
Arielle creates easy-to-understand reports that encompass all of the company’s wants and needs so that they can be quickly incorporated into the organization’s roadmaps for implementation.
Back to top