Manager - Hotel Products
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Support the delivery of the Hospitality technology vision across all properties
- Develop and maintain project plans, risk assessments and performance metrics to support implementation activities, completion of tasks, and scope control for assigned projects.
- Manage the definition, design, development and programming for a product or project.
- Interpret and/or manage the standards process to ensure compliance.
- Prepare I.T. soft cost budgets and present them to local and Caesars management for approval. Monitor expenses against I.T. pre-opening capital cost budgets (ranging from 1 to 5 million dollars per project) and provide budgetary analysis, when needed.
- Demonstrate understanding of basic standard internal processes and procedures including project prioritization, governance approach, capital process, budgeting, financial management, and time management.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the basics of the business operations, financial systems, and compliance/regulatory requirements.
- Facilitate performance management consistently and fairly across teams.
- Act as a consultant to property client and local management during hotel/casino start-ups, expansions, conversions, and other projects as assigned. Ensure project scope remains "in alignment" with stated departmental objectives, clients business needs, and budgetary measures.
- Maintain frequent high quality communications with property clients and all other affected individuals/ areas of projects and support, including project meetings, project plans, financial performance, project scope and key assumptions, dates, etc.
- Establish and maintain good working relationship with property clients, users, service providers, product managers and specific project team members.
- Responsible for attracting, hiring, retaining and motivating staff as well as managing resources to meet business objectives. Responsible for employee termination when necessary.
- Conduct project performance reviews as well as ongoing assessment of strengths and weaknesses. Provide or secures the training necessary to ensure optimum job performance.
- Manage relationship with 1 to 2 vendors. Write and/or evaluate requests for proposal. Negotiate contracts. Develop understanding of vendor organizations. Manage problem escalation/resolution within the vendor organization.
- Generate a departmental budget including creation of underlying general assumptions, associated risks and line item detail. Understand and articulate resource plans and requirements- non-discretionary vs. discretionary, analysis for giving the business choices. Perform variance analysis on an ongoing basis.
- Manage resources to ensure on time/on target/on budget delivery.
- Recognize and identify potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
3-5 years related business experience.
Above average communications skills, both verbal and written. Requires understanding of underlying platform(s); knowledge of the interdependencies between platforms; knowledge of standards and impact of non-standard approaches. Technical knowledge of business processes and procedures and underlying technical workings of system to support it; ability to maximize system to support business processes, recommend and influence business process change to maximize use of system.
Bachelor's degree in business management or a computer science-related field or equivalent experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Caesars Entertainment reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
As a part of Caesars Entertainment's employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Caesars Entertainment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Meet Some of Caesars Entertainment's Employees
Channel Marketing Analyst
Arielle creates easy-to-understand reports that encompass all of the company’s wants and needs so that they can be quickly incorporated into the organization’s roadmaps for implementation.
Back to top