Manager, Facilities Operations
This is a manager-level position with facility operations experience that will provide technical guidance and expertise in the scoping, negotiating and managing facility operations and maintenance contracts for major equipment and systems. This role will work closely with strategic sourcing and facility operations staff to ensure proper scoping of new contracts and to manage ongoing compliance of contract terms and contractor performance.
- Develops and implements minimum standards for preventative maintenance of major mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems across the enterprise. Assists with analyzing and recommending insourcing versus outsourcing decisions.
- Works with facility operations staff and strategic sourcing to develop and scope technical requirements for new service, maintenance and testing contracts needed for major mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and life-safety equipment and systems as well as service contracts needed to support facility operations. Scopes may include determining minimum maintenance standards based on manufacturer recommendations, best practices and business needs.
- Assists with contract negotiations as a subject matter expert to ensure contractual terms meet facility operational requirements while minimizing life-cycle costs and adhering to all life-safety requirements.
- Develops strategies to ensure a high level of service standard for the facility equipment and systems as well as alignment with adopted preventative maintenance standards through inter-departmental collaboration, communication and support.
- Conducts meetings on a regular basis with various stakeholders to review contract adherence, operations and maintenance statistics, vendor performance and property needs. Ensures contractual penalties are enforced. Attends periodic vendor business review meetings.
- Collects and analyzes data and leverages reporting to drive improvement in vendor performance in order to minimize service disruptions and cost while increasing guest satisfaction and service.
- Ensures the building infrastructure is being monitored, tracked and maintained to ensure optimum efficiency and reliability and identifies deficiencies to be addressed through contracting and/or improved internal processes.
- Leverages the maintenance management software and framework to drive continuous improvement by using data to identify key areas of maintenance deficiencies and to understand tradeoffs between ongoing repair and maintenance versus capital investment.
- Uses data-driven analysis and experience to develop recommendations regarding whether to insource or outsource required facility-related services.
- Understands building and administrative code requirements and permit exemptions. Must ensure full compliance with code enforced work and the integration of vendor permit and inspection processes that comply with internal business standards.
- Possesses thorough computer abilities using basic Microsoft Office programs, Maintenance Management Programs and Building Automation Systems.
- Must be able to travel as needed to review contractor performance, provide quality assurance, discuss new business needs with facility operations, and ensure compliance with contract terms.
Minimum Candidate Requirements
- Prior facilities experience (minimum 5 years or equivalent)
- Strong computer skills (MS products including Excel)
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, team-building and problem-solving skills
- Maximo experience a plus
- Engineering or similar degree a plus
- Office environment
- Property back-of-house locations
- Mechanical and equipment rooms
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Caesars Entertainment reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
As a part of Caesars Entertainment's employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Caesars Entertainment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Meet Some of Caesars Entertainment's Employees
Channel Marketing Analyst
Arielle creates easy-to-understand reports that encompass all of the company’s wants and needs so that they can be quickly incorporated into the organization’s roadmaps for implementation.
Back to top