Manager, Digital Product - AEM Sites
Based in Las Vegas, NV and reporting to the Digital Product Director, the Manager, Digital Product - AEM Sites will be responsible for understanding and executing the strategic direction of digital products and/or set of product capabilities, for Caesars Entertainment and its family of brands (Caesars Palace, Flamingo, The Linq, Harrah's, Bally's, etc.).
The Manager, Digital Product - AEM Sites will lead multiple scrum teams and their members, in close collaboration with the Digital Product Director, to conceive and execute the vision for the entire end-to-end experience, across all digital touch points (smartphone, signage, desktop, etc.) for their specific product capability powered by AEM Sites and Adobe Target.
This role is responsible for coaching teams in breaking down and translating capabilities/features into various artifacts, including user journeys, story maps, wireframe/sketch designs, user stories and product specifications to propel the product forward from concept through development. In addition, this leader and her/his teams will be accountable for the successful launch of their digital product capability from ideation through implementation, as well as continuous optimization through the life of the capability.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record and deep understanding of product management principles and user experience design with respect to responsive web, mobile, native application, and web engineering, as well as the ability to provide guidance and leadership towards the development of AEM powered guest-facing experiences. The Product Manager will be responsible for ensuring her/his teams adhere to and participate in the creation of the development and consistent application of digital product design principles, design patterns, and shared AEM and React code libraries to ensure efficient and scalable product development. The candidate must be able to collaborate with multiple product teams and vendor/ partners simultaneously, excel in a fast-paced environment, identify and leverage threads across multiple delivery teams and departments.
While partnering with the Delivery Manager and Engineering Manager, this role will provide direct leadership over the individual contributors who bring our products to market, leading at least two scrum teams of 5-10 employees, contractors, freelancers and vendors as digital products and initiatives are proposed, designed, developed and launched. The Manager, Digital Product - AEM Sites must have the leadership and drive to direct teams that ideate and deliver high-quality digital products for our customers, by living a culture of data-driven and end-user focused product design, engineering, delivery and innovation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Product Strategy: Provides leadership within a set of digital product capabilities, across our brands and all touch points, including concept, roadmap, design, front-end development, launch and ongoing optimization. Partner and collaborate closely with stakeholders from the various properties/brands and across Caesars Entertainment to understand how to adapt and continually improve the strategy of our digital products based on the cornerstones of each of the brands
Product Feature Definition: Leads teams responsible for the realization of the vision / concept of a digital product or set of capabilities by connecting multiple customer / employee touch points (research, feedback, etc.), and business drivers, with a customer-first focus. Provide leadership to ensure that the product specifications that are created enable a desirable, feasible and viable product for the relevant end-user. In addition, the Product Manager must deeply understand customer empathy and convey that to the wider team via storytelling to define the "what" and "why" a feature must be built.
Product Readiness: Actively manages the grooming of a feature backlog for the program increment and coaches the product owner and team in driving a product feature/user story to the agreed definition of "ready" via story mapping, quality writing of user stories along with their acceptance criteria, and through the approval of high-fidelity designs or prototypes to keep the scrum team loaded with a groomed backlog of work to properly enter a sprint to deliver the highest value.
Product Delivery: The Product Manager is ultimately accountable for their scrum team's execution of digital features that are conceived and developed and is responsible for the on-time and on-quality delivery of a specific set of product capabilities through careful prioritization and team review.
Product Communication : Attends daily scrums and coaches team members to help drive priority decisions, remove roadblocks, and communicate changes in strategic direction or priority shifts. Provides frequent communication to the product director on development progress, elevating any issues that could impact the budget, timeline, or strategic vision. The Product Manager must inspire and foster a highly collaborative team, where communication is paramount to the successful delivery of the product.
Product Standards: Manages the team performance within the eCommerce digital principles, standards and practices (through product definition, product design and product engineering) and is ultimately responsible for ensuring that all team members within her/his product scope apply those practices to their various work and continually aid in the definition, validation and evolution of those practices.
Product Quality: Reviews and guides the defect backlog of the development team throughout the increment to ensure that priorities adhere to the strategic direction of the product. Oversees the quality execution of user tests, creative assets developed in support of a feature. Ultimately responsible for the scrum that delivers a defect - free product to the customer. Assists the QE leads in the drive to automate testing to increase delivery and deployment velocity.
Product Roadmap: Communicates the overall product roadmap containing her/his product feature set - and collaborates with other product leadership to develop the overall product roadmap for all products. Works in close collaboration with the Digital Marketing Leadership to develop the annual operating plan for a digital product or set of digital product capabilities, including advocating for the appropriate level of funding necessary to meet the rapid adoption of digital products by customers and employees.
While this role does not have direct budget oversight, the Product Manager has the responsibility to control development costs and build product capabilities that will exceed revenue targets which determine the financial success of the product.
- Minimum of 8 years in a digital product, design or engineering leadership role, at least 4 years in a product owner capacity
- Certified Scrum Product Owner Training / Certification
- Bachelor's degree required, with a MS/MBA or other relevant advanced degree preferred
- Signi ficant experience in leading teams/organizations in bringing high quality digital products to market
- Experience with Adobe Marketing Cloud, primarily AEM and Analytics, Adobe Target a Plus
- Demonstrable portfolio of products in market
- Experience with JIRA/Confluence or similar Agile collaboration tools
- A distinct point of view on user experience design and the ability to employ design thinking methods to solve problems and apply the right solution for a given problem
- Strong knowledge of the online travel industry, and travel/tourism in general is a plus
- Deep knowledge and extensive experience in leading teams in the development of Web and mobile solutions, with a deep understanding of how to get consumer-centric solutions to market with a high degree of success
- Experience leading product, design and engineering teams through a product development lifecycle that leverages agile principles yet recognizes constraints in an environment that has antiquated legacy systems and a mix of new technologies
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively and sell ideas and concepts into digital and business leaders
- Proven ability to collaborate with and achieve actionable results through others, plus the ability to build strong and sustainable relationships, and the capability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to grasp the complexities of the business needs, customer experience, and employee operations to effectively translate that into a product that drives measurable results
- Ability to think strategically and drive ideas into action
- A positive outlook and willingness to act as a servant-leader for a high-performing scrum team
Back to top