IT Project Manager
The role of Project Manager is a hands-on position requiring experience and expertise managing: The initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a project.
The Project Manager reports to the Program Manager for day-to-day performance management and is responsible for the following:
- Design, develop, update, and manage the project plan utilizing the appropriate tools (e.g., MSP, Clarity, etc.).
- Establish the project baseline, metrics, and parameters.
- Develop and manage the Critical Path for successful project delivery.
- Create clear and attainable project objectives, build project requirements, and manage the constraints of the project including but not limited to: cost, scope, schedule, and quality.
- Manage project schedule and delivery.
- Establish and conduct weekly/monthly status meetings, and other meetings as needed, requested.
- Identify, record, and manage project risks and issues.
- Routinely communicate project results to the Program Manager, Business, and IT Partners.
- Prepare presentations as required and requested.
- Investigate project developments, validate assumptions and upcoming deliverables, and resolve conflicts.
- Able to successfully manage multiple projects by applying project management best practices and understanding the objectives and key risks of the business and IT.
- Able to communicate clearly, effectively, on time, and to the correct audience.
- Ensure clarity of project roles and responsibilities with and to the project team.
- Able to effectively manage the project lifecycle from inception to close.
- Ensure project funding aligns with approved budgets in system of record.
- Calculate and forecast project cost(s).
- Validate/adjust monthly financial transactions.
- Accrue for goods and services received, not yet invoiced.
- Monthly, report financial health of the project(s).
- Complete project change requests to manage large variances.
- Work with SME to determine the appropriate hardware and software needs.
- Ensure SME acquires quotes as needed for hardware and software purchasing.
- Ensure SME procure hardware and software using Ariba P2P.
- Work with Resource Managers to ensure they procure external resource(s) as needed.
- Create and manage professional services labor SOW's using Ariba P2P.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business management, financial management, computer science, communications, or related field, preferred.
- Minimum five years of project management experience managing increasingly complex projects in a technical environment.
- Deep understanding of project management phases, techniques, and tools.
- Demonstrated experience in one or more PM methodologies (e.g., Waterfall, Agile, etc.).
- Proven leader with the ability to provide mentoring, coaching, and direction setting for project team members and other project managers.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced technology environment.
- Willing to complete tasks under strict time constraints, which may require long, off-hour and weekend work.
- Willing to work on-site at any of our casino resorts, which may include exposure to noise, smoke, and populated areas.
- Superior verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Proficient in all MS Office tools.
- Proficient in MS Project.
- Nimble, and able to react quickly to changing business needs.
- Ability to facilitate discussion and drive consensus.
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as in cross-functional teams.
- Able to work effectively and efficiently toward detailed goals in a complex, matrixed environment with ever-changing demands.
- Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- PMP, Scrum Master, Six Sigma certification a plus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Caesars Entertainment reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
As a part of Caesars Entertainment's employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Caesars Entertainment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Meet Some of Caesars Entertainment's Employees
Channel Marketing Analyst
Arielle creates easy-to-understand reports that encompass all of the company’s wants and needs so that they can be quickly incorporated into the organization’s roadmaps for implementation.
Back to top