IT Architect - Distributed Client Engineering
Caesars Entertainment is the world's most geographically diversified casino-entertainment company. Since its beginning in Reno, Nevada, more than 75 years ago, Caesars has grown into a family of affiliated resort casinos on four continents. Caesars-affiliated casino resorts operate primarily under the Harrah's®, Caesars® and Horseshoe® brand names. Affiliates of Caesars also own the World Series of Poker® and the London Clubs International family of casinos. The Caesars Entertainment family’s success is a result of an unblinking focus of building loyalty and value with guests through a unique combination of great service, excellent products, unsurpassed distribution, operational excellence and technology leadership. Caesars and its affiliates are committed to environmental sustainability and energy conservation and recognize the importance of being a responsible steward of the environment.
Employees of the Caesars family of resort casinos are driven by our Mission, Vision, and Values. We take great pride in living our values Integrity, Service with Passion, Celebrating Success, Diversity, Caring Culture, and Rigor every day. Our mission “We inspire grown-ups to play” fuels our passion for an exciting guest experience and a rewarding career. If you have the desire to create memorable experiences, personalize rewards and delight every guest, every team member every time, we invite you to explore our dynamic yet unique career opportunities.
At Caesars, the Distributed Client Engineering team is responsible for client architecture, governing our fleet of over 22,000 client end-points, including Windows and Mac computers and thin clients, as well as our desktop/application virtualization environments. As an IT Architect on this team, you will define the client environments that will enable Caesars’ IT Transformation.. If you are an experienced, talented and motivated Client Architect we invite you to apply to join our team here in sunny and exciting Las Vegas, Nevada
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Candidates will have at least six years of experience working with Windows clients in a large-scale corporate environment. They will have a demonstrated, superior track record analyzing, designing, testing, deploying and managing distributed client technologies. Experience of these tasks in a mixed Windows/Macintosh environment will be a distinct advantage. Hands-on experience with one or more virtualized application delivery technologies will be helpful.
Additionally, candidates will be experienced in design and control of Windows desktop images and will be familiar with the special issues arising when managing Windows desktop deployment to very large populations.
They will be dynamic self-starters with a thirst for new knowledge and the opportunity to apply it, readily able to adapt to change, able to communicate to diverse audiences, ready to gracefully lead, influence, and be influenced by their peers.
The ideal candidate will posses a Bachelor’s degree in Computing Science or a related field, or will have equivalent work experience. Current Microsoft certifications will be advantageous.
For such individuals, Caesars Entertainment will offer an invigorating work experience with ample challenges and rewards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Evaluate technology alternatives for Windows, Macintosh and virtual client environments against business and technical requirements
- Establish product and configuration standards for client hardware and software and for centralized infrastructure supporting client environments
- Establish policies and procedures necessary for the successful operation of the client environment
- Design and execute a suitable test plan against proposed solutions to ensure functional and business requirements are met
- Create deployment mechanisms for technology suitable for a highly distributed, large-scale client environment
- Provide support for technology solutions in the client space when potential architectural or design issues are indicated, including rotating on-call support
- Follow all established procedures for introducing well-managed change to a complex environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated advancement over 6+ years in client support and client engineering including experience in a large-scale corporate environment
- Bachelor's degree in technology, or equivalent work experience
- Thorough knowledge of the core Windows operating systems and familiarity with its facilities, including Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, Powershell
- Knowledge of Macintosh OS and its management in a corporate environment
- Knowledge and experience with client imaging, patching, and software deployment solutions suitable for large distributed environments
- Knowledge of commonly deployed client technology, such as monitoring, management and security solutions
- Familiarity with other IT infrastructure interacting with clients, such as servers, networks and firewalls
- Experience with application virtualization solutions, Citrix, thin client configuration and management
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Caesars Entertainment reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
As a part of Caesars Entertainment’s employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Caesars Entertainment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Meet Some of Caesars Entertainment's Employees
Channel Marketing Analyst
Arielle creates easy-to-understand reports that encompass all of the company’s wants and needs so that they can be quickly incorporated into the organization’s roadmaps for implementation.
Back to top