Information Technology (IT) Fall Intern **Unpaid** (CES)
The I.T. Intern will be learn all aspects of support in a Gaming and Lodging Company. The main focus of the intern's responsibilities will be configuration, deployment, and support of end devices. The candidate chosen will also be given the opportunity to learn about and troubleshoot network devices and servers. This will allow the intern to learn how this technology is used practically, which will intern only enforce the theories they are learning.
Essential Job Functions
- Respond to telephone help calls and ensure all client/user support calls and service requests are handled or escalated in a timely manner.
- Provide first-level support for all systems including software and hardware for all platforms, problem determination/isolation, analyzing problem data, performing data analysis, documenting findings, escalating complex problems to the appropriate I.T. staff or service vendors and communicating final resolution to clients and users.
- Maintain the latest procedures and documentation for all platforms.
- Ensure the computer/equipment room is maintained at prescribed temperature levels and in a clean and orderly condition.
- Attend one-on-one training from Senior Support Technicians.
- Monitor and report system performance issues as necessary.
- Participate in department driven projects.
- Maintain the confidential nature of matters pertaining to company records, policies, and customer lists. Shred reports containing sensitive data as determined by management.
- Perform all duties in a manner that ensures the I.T. Department will meet or exceed the measurable objectives for service level to clients/users and system availability.
- Maintain property technical asset inventory.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong personal computing skills recommended.
- Demonstrated intermediate-level technical skills in many platforms.
- Ability to be trained in multiple platforms.
- Basic knowledge of computer operations and users environments.
- Intermediate-level skills related to troubleshooting on multiple platforms, problem determination, and restoration techniques, and related hardware and software products.
- Intermediate knowledge of network topologies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Intermediate analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must have good customer service skills
- Must be well organized and detail oriented and be able to perform many tasks at one time.
- Ability to learn in a high-pressure, fast paced environment.
Decision Making/Problem Solving: Exercise judgement when analyzing problems to determine if it warrants escalation.
Contacts – Internal
- Daily contact with I.T. customers to provide installation and support of all hardware platforms.
- Will participate on teams within the property for new equipment or procedures.
- Daily contact with senior technicians, engineers, supervisor, and manager to assist in development of skills and assessments.
Contacts – External: Will work with Support Specialists, Analysist, Engineers, and Architects from other Caesars's properties or headquarters to solve problems or participate on teams.
- Must have visual acuity.
- Must have constantly available transportation.
- Must have home phone.
- Ability to note audio or visual warnings or error messages from system.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Caesars Entertainment reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
As a part of Caesars Entertainment's employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Caesars Entertainment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Meet Some of Caesars Entertainment's Employees
Channel Marketing Analyst
Arielle creates easy-to-understand reports that encompass all of the company’s wants and needs so that they can be quickly incorporated into the organization’s roadmaps for implementation.
Back to top