Graphic Designer Group Lead (CES/OHC)
- Las Vegas, NV
Responsible for generating creative ideas and concepts to fulfill the needs of Caesars Entertainment as directed by Creative Director and informed by the Project Specialists. Supervise and engage a team of Sr. Graphic Designers, Motion Designers, Junior Graphic Designers, and Graphic Designers, and lead projects related to new designs, color correction, image reviews and corrections as needed and/or requested.
• Develop/create and collaborate on design concepts, direction and assets. This will include creation of original designs and concept creative ideas that graphically communicate the positioning of each Brand.
• Frequent property-facing dialogue to refine creative brief and inform creative concepts, as well as specific experience in multi-channel design including direct mail.
• Meet and exceed ongoing continuous improvement of all design/project processes, timelines and workflows in accordance with daily schedule, capabilities and Studio staffing capacities and standards.
• Lead by example through coaching, development, and engaging a team of senior graphic designers on layout, building practices, brand adherence, marketing/design/Studio standards and processes.
• Streamline processes across functions and departments to ensure efficiency in the department.
• Review job tickets for proper creative direction prior to beginning work; make recommendations to improve overall project layout/design that ensures marketing/advertising messaging, Brand look and feel, and meets/exceeds conveying appropriate Brand language of Brand boards.
• Participate and bring new ideas to the table in Management Team meetings.
• Ensure knowledge of basic Human Resources processes, remain informed and updated on all compliance issues, going through proper channels.
• Ensure accurate reporting of team's quantitative and qualitative measurements through FileMaker reports.
• Collaborate with Group Creative Director, Copywriter and Project Supervisors to ensure proper understanding and reasoning for Quality Control changes and instructions. Develop trend reports and communication/training as needed to reduce internal revisions and to ensure cross-functional teaming.
• Assist graphic artists and other team members as needed.
• Committed to developing, training and implementing new processes and procedures, reporting capabilities to assist and ensure staffing levels are adequate to meet property service levels.
• Administer Performance Appraisals and Mid-Year Reviews as established by the company. Develop trend reporting and appropriate training/action plans for common errors to ensure development and improvement can occur immediately when identified.
• All other duties as requested/directed/needed/assigned.
- Excellent people/customer service skills.
- Marcom knowledge in messaging, draw, communication, social networking, competitive design, and lead designs.
- Must like to work with and interact with a variety of individuals and levels of management.
- Maintain an upbeat and positive attitude at all times.
- Previous proven leadership skills leading an upbeat, engaged creative team necessary.
- Expert on the Apple Macintosh and with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat)
- 3-5 year prior Agency Experience. 3-5 years experience managing 2-5 direct reports. Experience and background in advertising and marketing highly desirable
TEAMWORK / LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
- TEAM PLAYER:
- Follows the Code of Commitment. Speaks positively about the company, co-workers and customers. Recognizes peers when they do a good job. Does not participate in gossip or spread rumors. Is respectful of others regardless of status or background.
- WORK HABITS:
- Meets department standards for attendance and taking breaks. Is willing to adjust schedule to meet business demands. Follows company policies and procedures. Adheres to dress code (clean, pressed clothing; follows guidelines for "business," "business casual" or "casual" attire.)
- Is trusted by others. Conducts self in a credible, ethical manner. Maintains composure. Adjusts quickly to new methods, procedures and policies. Offers constructive criticism at the appropriate time, in a way that maintains good relationships.
- Seeks ways to improve work efficiency. Improves and learns from mistakes. Is open to coaching. Accepts suggestions without becoming defensive. Takes on increasingly complex tasks with a decreasing need for supervision. Conducts one-self verbally and in writing in professional, courteous, accepting manner at all times, following appropriate company and Studio chain of command and processes
Back to top