ETL Programmer Analyst -Enterprise Data Warehouse
The Data Warehouse Programmer is a key member of the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) Level 2 Support team responsible for supporting and maintaining applications on EDW and validating source system data loads. This position will have a focus on maintaining and supporting EDW ETL processes. This position will also focus on implementing best practices and procedures to ensure improved performance of data loads, integrity of data movement within the organization to support Business Intelligence (BI) applications and analytics. This role works directly with other IT application groups and end-users to analyze and troubleshoot application issues and address them.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The primary responsibility of this position is to contribute in the areas of system design and development, standardization, and support to solve complex business problems, primarily in the Enterprise Data Warehouse environment which is on a Teradata platform. The programmer will support multiple interfaces from diverse in-house developed to vendor-supplied applications. The position will focus on the day to day aspects of supporting our Teradata data warehouse and ETL jobs.
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Take part in an on-call rotation, providing 24-7 support for the Data Warehouse and applications which run in the environment.
- Maintain ETL processes using Teradata Utilities, IBM DataStage, Data Mover, and Control-M.
- Formulate systems scope and objectives by devising procedures to solve technical problems using information systems.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills by defining and presenting technical systems solutions for identified technical issues.
- Document activities to assist future analysts in understanding work solutions.
- Focus on continuous improvement, issue reduction, root cause analysis, tracking metrics, and adherence to established Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Take complex technical ideas and bring them to a high-level to encourage understanding at all levels.
- Deliver a complete solution to ensure thorough understanding of the system (documentation, procedures, training, escalation, error process, etc.).
- Engage others with related code/products/etc. to work together to understand root cause, ripple effects, and an integrated solution.
- Clearly define expected outcome for the initiative and organization.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
2 - 4 years of ETL application support experience preferred, with an additional one year of programming/systems design/analysis and user management.
- 2+ years experience supporting ETL processes in a data warehouse environment is preferred
- Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL) is required
- Experience with Unix Operating System is preferred
- Technical experience with Teradata (including Teradata-specific training) and Teradata Utilities is preferred
- Experience with KornShell Scripting preferred
- Experience with scheduling tools such as Control-M is preferred
- Experience with ETL tools such as IBM DataStage is preferred
- Experience with Active Data Warehousing, trickle feeds and the TIBCO toolset is preferred
- General knowledge of the BI and Data Warehousing disciplines including Physical and Logical Database Modeling, as well as OLAP, ROLAP and MOLAP concepts is preferred
- Experience with MicroStrategy, Cognos, Tableau, or other Business Intelligence tools is preferred
- General knowledge of Hadoop and MapReduce principles is preferred.
May require guidance on complex systems analysis.
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or technical training equivalent
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Caesars Entertainment reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
As a part of Caesars Entertainment's employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Caesars Entertainment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Meet Some of Caesars Entertainment's Employees
Channel Marketing Analyst
Arielle creates easy-to-understand reports that encompass all of the company’s wants and needs so that they can be quickly incorporated into the organization’s roadmaps for implementation.
Back to top