ETL Architect - EDW
The ETL Architect is a key member of the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) team responsible for designing, developing, testing, maintaining and supporting applications for EDW to support enterprise Business Intelligence (BI) capabilities. This position will focus on architecting load jobs, defining data and system integrations, and setting up the infrastructure and framework for ETL processing. In addition, this position will be focused on working with various project teams to ensure optimal data flow through systems, designing flexible and supportable data models, and contributing to the overall data architecture of EDW while implementing best practices and procedures. This role works directly with other IT application groups and end-users to analyze, troubleshoot, test, and enhance applications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Participate in the 24x7 on call rotation.
- Provide technical data stewardship for the data coming into the data warehouse, where it is stored, and how it is used.
- Assume a technical leadership role supporting the entire development staff through coaching of technical skills, influencing product interface direction, managing standards, and approving system modifications.
- Prepare detailed specifications from which programmers use to write, design, code, test, and debug the most complex programs.
- Drive efforts for initiatives such as application upgrades, proof of concepts, and software selection.
- Demonstrate project management skills by managing large, complex development projects that require large technical modifications.
- Demonstrate complex problem-solving skills by defining and presenting technical system solutions for identified technical issues or deficiencies.
- Complete performance tuning activities for the data integration platform, ETL jobs, database queries, and BI tools.
- Participate in feasibility and conceptual design studies, functional designs, and systems analysis involving automated and non-automated solutions.
- Create and adjust strategic plans based on industry/external trends and inputs.
- Create and communicate a long-term vision, balancing short and long-term goals.
- Create data models, data/system flow documentation, design documents, and test documents.
- Contribute to the improvement of the overall BI architecture. Work with the business users and the IT Business Intelligence team to ensure that the BI solution is improving analytical capabilities.
- Manage concurrent Development & Support issues while multiple projects are modifying the same program.
- Review support incidents for technical problems.
Ensure technical guidelines/requirements and department standards are followed by team members in testing, development, controls and documentation.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients, users, service providers, product managers, and other IT personnel company-wide. Act as a liaison between IT and user/client areas.
- Ensure project scope remains "in alignment" with stated departmental objectives, clients business needs, and budgetary measures.
- Maintain frequent high quality communications with clients and all other affected individuals/ areas of projects and support, including project meetings, project plans, financial performance, project scope and key assumptions, dates, etc.
- Self-study to be up to date on new technologies and concepts in the Data Warehousing, Analytics, Business Intelligence, and Big Data arena.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
3 - 5 years of data warehouse architect experience with an additional five years of project leadership experience.
- 3+ years work experience as a Data Warehouse Architect is required.
- 5+ years work experience with managing projects and project tasks is required.
- 5+ years work experience with physical and logical database modeling is required.
- 8+ years work experience with Business Intelligence analysis, design, implementation, development, training and testing is required.
- 8+ years work experience with data warehousing and ETL processing/programming is required.
- Extensive knowledge of database uses and design is required.
- Expert level ability to understand and write Structured Query Language (SQL) is required.
- Experience with the UNIX operating systems is required.
- Experience with Shell Scripting is required.
- Experience with an industry standard Data Integration tool is required. IBM DataStage or Abinitio is preferred.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools is required. Experience with MicroStrategy or Tableau is preferred.
- Experience with Teradata and Teradata Utilities is preferred.
- Experience with a scheduling tool such as Control-M is preferred.
- Experience with Hadoop is preferred.
Rarely requires guidance, even on most complex systems analysis.
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or technical training equivalent
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Caesars Entertainment reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
As a part of Caesars Entertainment's employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Caesars Entertainment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Meet Some of Caesars Entertainment's Employees
Channel Marketing Analyst
Arielle creates easy-to-understand reports that encompass all of the company’s wants and needs so that they can be quickly incorporated into the organization’s roadmaps for implementation.
Back to top