EIS Programmer Analyst
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The primary responsibility of this position is within the Enterprise Integration Services (EIS) support team. The candidate will be responsible for supporting and developing (in that order) core applications/services implemented in Java, .NET, TIBCO Business Works, TIBCO Business Events, TIBCO EMS, IBM DataPower and RPG deployed on Wintel, AIX and iSeries infrastructure.
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Handle on-call responsibilities, which entail responding to critical alerts / incidents and resolving the same within SLA.
- Participate in the resolution of incidents and service requests pertaining to the EIS and Capacity Planning team reported via ticketing system.
- Participate in problem management activities to address recurring problems in the EIS space.
- Keep monitoring rules up to date in monitoring solutions such as Dynatrace, Applications Manager and OpManager.
- Participate in infrastructure role swaps, upgrades and patching activities.
- Advise user departments about functional design and impact on departmental operations. Consult with user departments in the analysis of manual and automated systems; assists in presentation of detailed functional specifications, formats, and templates. Suggests solutions to problems presented that fit within the operating limitations of equipment.
- Analyze existing systems and databases, and recommend enhancements to solve identified business needs. Apply working knowledge of application components (e.g. file structures) in conjunction with query tools to solve identified business needs.
- Perform all aspects of internal system acceptance testing, ensuring delivery of well-tested system enhancements, and further ensuring systems meet business requirements. May perform daily supervision of a cross-functional testing team, where appropriate, in preparing system and integration test data, testing and reporting test results to programming and to management.
- Troubleshoot incidents reported by end users, escalating where necessary to schedule system changes, and discussing resolutions with end users in order to arrive at a permanent solution.
- Keep abreast of current technology in both hardware and software in order to recommend business solutions that fit system constraints, meet user needs, and match the company's strategic outlook.
- Attend training classes and seminars designed to advance skills and creative capabilities. Develop and maintain good written and oral communication skills.
- Support business objectives by investigation of user needs and development of innovative ideas for solutions.
- Ensure systems meet the business needs of users by acting as a liaison and listening post with users and user representatives regarding system change requests and specific business requirements design. Maintain the confidential nature of matters pertaining to company records and policies.
- Enhance project management skills by participating in defining and presenting system solutions and time lines for identified business needs and/or technical problems to management.
- In conjunction with end-users and others, decide what changes need to be made to documentation, training, problem diagnosis, and programs, in view of the utilization and application of end-user skills to solve the identified business need.
- Advise user departments and assists in the selection of software packages from outside vendors to solve defined user needs. Advise user departments in the development and/or change of departmental procedures.
- Demonstrate basic understanding of the systems and applications (including platforms and operating systems) while keeping track of current developments and trends.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
1+ year work experience in jobs with systems analysis and design, implementation, support, training, and testing required.
A panel interview will be conducted to assess the candidate's knowledge and skills. Successful completion of a basic mathematical can critical thinking skills test is required.
Working knowledge of Java required and general knowledge of multiple programming languages is preferred.
Preferred languages/tools include:
Working knowledge of SQL, ITIL, Teradata, or Hadoop is considered a plus.
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or Computer Science, Industry recognized certification in a relevant area, or technical training and/or experience equivalent.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Caesars Entertainment reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
As a part of Caesars Entertainment's employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Caesars Entertainment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Meet Some of Caesars Entertainment's Employees
Channel Marketing Analyst
Arielle creates easy-to-understand reports that encompass all of the company’s wants and needs so that they can be quickly incorporated into the organization’s roadmaps for implementation.
Back to top