At Caesars, the Wintel Engineering team is responsible for server and client architectures generally delivering largely windows-based computing capabilities to the enterprise. Today's environment includes 2300+ windows servers, 20000+ windows clients, virtual server and application infrastructure, collaboration and infrastructure management. Tomorrow, the team will be assisting with a new range of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS implementations of windows-based solutions, and transforming our datacenters to facilitate greater agility and innovation.
The team is staffed by senior full time staff members performing engineering and architecture tasks, as well as a large team of outsourced resources generally performing support and repeatable engineering.
As Director of this team you will be accountable for strategy, planning and execution by this department. You will be accountable for technical results and for a full range of normal management activities, including resource planning and management, staff assessment, budgeting and vendor/partner relationships. Building and enhancing relationships with teams throughout IT and ensuring that partners understand the range of functions performed by your teams is a core responsibility.
If you are an experienced, talented and motivated Manager with extensive background in Windows client and server technology we invite you to apply to join our team.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Candidates will have at least ten years of experience working with windows technology and at least five years of experience managing technical staff, including exposure or responsibility for planning, assessment, budgeting and purchasing on a scale approaching that of Caesars Entertainment.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic self-starter with a thirst for new knowledge and the opportunity to apply it, readily able to adapt to change, able to communicate to diverse audiences, ready to gracefully lead, influence, and be influenced by their peers. Demonstrated exceptional planning and organizational skills are an absolute requirement.
The ideal candidate will posses a Bachelor's degree in Computing Science or a related field, or will have equivalent work experience.
For an individual with this experience, Caesars Entertainment will offer an invigorating work experience with ample challenges and rewards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Establish objectives for team members and assess staff performance
- Create annual operating and capital budgets, with supporting material as required; track spend to budget
- Create and maintain constructive relationships with vendor partners
- Enhance partnership and communication channels with all other teams within Information Technology
- Manage resource assignments to achieve both efficient execution of projects and the growth of team members
- Provide oversight on significant strategic initiatives of critical importance to Wintel Engineering
- Establish and track training and development plans for all team members
- Ensure that outsourced resources are provided with appropriate oversight and are measured against objective SLAs as contracted.
- Establish policies and procedures necessary for the successful construction, operation and support of the technical environment
- Ensure team adherence with all Caesars Entertainment policies, procedures and standards
- Follow all established procedures for introducing well-managed change to a complex environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated advancement during at least ten years of Wintel technology experience in a large-scale corporate environment
- 5+ years experience in a supervisory or management capacity, knowledge of basic principles of budgeting, resource management and staff assessment
- Bachelor's degree in technology, or equivalent work experience
- Thorogh knowledge of the core Windows operating systems and familiarity with its facilities, including Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, Powershell
- Familiarity with other IT infrastructure interacting with the Wintel Environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Caesars Entertainment reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
As a part of Caesars Entertainment's employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Caesars Entertainment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Meet Some of Caesars Entertainment's Employees
Channel Marketing Analyst
Arielle creates easy-to-understand reports that encompass all of the company’s wants and needs so that they can be quickly incorporated into the organization’s roadmaps for implementation.
Back to top