Director of Business and Process Improvement (CES)
Business and Process Improvement is about giving people the processes and tools required to identify value creation opportunities, and helping all employees work together across the organization to leverage these opportunities. By using a common improvement language and methodology across the family of Caesars Entertainment-affiliated resort hotels, and casinos, and other businesses ("Caesars Entertainment" or the "Company") the goal is to incorporate consistency, rigor, and discipline into all of our decision-making and execution processes. The improvement methodology Caesars Entertainment has adopted is an enhanced Six Sigma process incorporating Lean & Kaizen events.
The Director/Manager of Business and Process Improvement/Site Leader will provide the leadership to drive continuous improvement in alignment with Company goals at their property. Furthermore, the Manger/Director shall oversee the creation of reports and will report out to property senior management on all aspects of the Business and Process Improvement initiative. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, planning, managing, and delivering on all Business and Process Improvement activities at the property's revenue/cost centers to ensure that they extract maximum value out of their continuous improvement activities. The Manager/Director will add value by helping to build capability at the property to improve their processes so that their performance continuously improves and EBITA benefit targets are met, while maintaining a close and collaborative working relationship with the property senior management team. Further, the Manager/Director of Business and Process Improvement will serve as a champion for the Service and Sales Culture and drive continuous improvement in these highly measured areas of their property. The scope of this position includes the entire property; however the focus will be on those projects that will have the greatest impact on the property's performance.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Clearly sets and communicates the vision, providing strategic direction and leadership to drive continuous improvement in alignment with property goals
- Oversees creation of reports and conducts regular report-outs to property senior management on the needs of operation and the results of the Business and Process Improvement activities
- Oversees the plan, management, execution and tracking of all Business and Process Improvement events at the property
- Provides strategic direction and support to the project application of Green Belt & Yellow Belt candidates
- Provides training and strategic advice to property management to ensure they effectively support the Six Sigma program and the projects
- Builds capabilities throughout the property to improve processes, drive efficiencies and create measurable financial returns
- Leads the charge to drive continuous improvement by focusing on projects which will have the greatest impact to the property's performance
- Identifies projects or best practices that can be replicated for deployment at other properties
- Maintains close relationships with the property senior management team to drive support, buy-in, and promote transparency as to operational needs
- Proactively identifies and works to remove barriers that slow or prevent the successful attainment of Continuous Improvement goals & objectives
- Serves as a champion for the Service and Sales Culture and drives continuous improvement in these areas
- Champions, within the property, a commitment to honesty, integrity, and responsible corporate behavior
- Leads an organization with methods and actions that are ethical and in full compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Company policies
- Identifies compliance risks and take actions necessary to eliminate or minimize risks
- Creates a compliance culture within the property and fosters an environment where employees feel comfortable reporting potential violations or misconduct
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Degree qualified in a business or technical discipline or an equivalent combination of experience and education, and proficient with statistical measures and methods. An advanced degree, ideally in a quantitative field, will be well regarded.
ADDITIONAL KEY COMPETENCIES:
- Coaching/Mentoring Skills
Giving others the direction, opportunities, and support they need to improve their professional competence.
a. Gathers performance data on others from a variety of sources.
b. Provides timely, credible performance feedback to subordinates/peers.
c. Gives others training, guidance, and suggestions to help them perform better.
d. Finds or creates developmental opportunities for subordinates/peers.
- Interpersonal Influence
Building strong work relationships, confronting or challenging others in an open, respectful manner, and adjusting to how individuals function and react.
a. Puts self in position of others to understand their views, needs, and concerns.
b. Raises issues of concern forthrightly and tactfully with others and resolves differences by seeking mutually acceptable solutions.
c. Establishes and uses informal organizational networks to accomplish objectives.
d. Takes action based on anticipation of how others are likely to react.
e. In the face of conflict, looks for areas of common agreement.
- Quality Expertise
Demonstrating in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of process management systems, continuous quality improvement, and other quality tools and techniques.
a. Demonstrates mastery of basic quality tools such as mapping and trend analysis.
b. Uses process management approaches and tools to analyze and solve problems.
c. Manages processes and projects by data and through employee involvement.
d. Seeks input from other quality experts in applying quantitative approaches.
e. Recognizes strategic opportunities to improve processes.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Caesars Entertainment reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
As a part of Caesars Entertainment's employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Caesars Entertainment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Meet Some of Caesars Entertainment's Employees
Channel Marketing Analyst
Arielle creates easy-to-understand reports that encompass all of the company’s wants and needs so that they can be quickly incorporated into the organization’s roadmaps for implementation.
Back to top