Director, Internal Audit - LV
Reporting to the Vice President Internal Audit, the Director of Internal Audit is responsible for managing the company's internal audit activities for the assigned region. This includes the annual and ongoing assessment of operating unit risk and the development of an appropriate annual audit plan designed to identify and mitigate risk, provide objective assurance to senior management, the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, and external parties. This person manages the ongoing testing and evaluation of the reasonableness and operational effectiveness of management's internal control system, including regulatory, financial, IT, Anti-Money Laundering (AML), and generally expected controls, and effectively communicates audit results to internal and external constituents. This person also directs, manages or performs ad hoc special investigations and management requests, communicating results to management and regulatory authorities, if required. This person is responsible for managing a team of professionals with cross-functional expertise in serving a wide array of internal and external customers, including (but not limited to) senior management, operations unit management, IT staff, AML specialists, corporate investigators, external auditors and consultants, regulatory auditors.
The incumbent also develops and executes the department's financial budget and human resources plan for the assigned region, and collaborates with the department's management team to assure enterprise comparability for the function.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in designing/direct the execution of short and long-term strategies that provide objective assurance on the adequacy of internal controls to senior management, the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, shareholders, independent accountants, regulators in multiple jurisdictions.
- Manage the annual and ongoing operating unit risk assessment process for the assigned region through collaboration with management at all levels, and develop the annual audit plan for approval by senior management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Prioritize and implement strategies to assure the effective and timely completion of the approved audit plan and ad hoc risk-based initiatives, including internal audit activities related to the review and evaluation of compliance with regulatory, IT, company and generally expected internal controls, and operational effectiveness for the assigned region, communicating audit results verbally and in writing to management, regulators, and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Manage Currency Transaction Reporting (CTR) audit process for Anti-Money Laundering (AML) / Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) compliance.
- Integrate acquired entities into the company's internal audit function for the assigned region.
- Lead potentially contentious discussions with Division Presidents, General Managers, Finance leadership (corporate or property), and operating unit management to communicate findings, resolve obstacles, and recommend changes to business practices.
- Manage the performance of special investigations, fraud, or wrongdoing investigations, identify related mitigating internal controls, and communicate findings and improved business practices to management.
- Identify and proliferate best practices related to regulatory, financial, IT, and generally expected internal controls across the enterprise.
- Develop audit activity updates regularly for senior management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Serve as enterprise-wide consulting expert for internal control design/evaluation initiatives.
- Manage or participate in department initiatives designed to improve departmental operational effectiveness.
- Assist in the identification of a successful strategy for periodic quality assurance reviews for the internal audit function, and execute the review process accordingly as required by regulatory and professional standards to achieve and maintain department certification for external reliance upon audit results.
- Develop and manage effective programs for recruiting, retaining, training, and recognizing professional staff that provide appropriate career pathing and development, and enhance team morale.
Lead a team of professional staff in the performance of internal audit, fraud prevention, and consulting activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be eligible for occupational licensing in various gaming jurisdictions, primarily in Nevada
- At least 8-10 years of business experience in positions of increasing responsibility for establishing, evaluating and or managing internal audit or accounting functions, with a minimum of 4 years management/supervisory experience.
- Significant casino industry knowledge and internal auditing expertise required.
- Able to operate at both a strategic and tactical level.
- Superior analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to see the broad implications of events and develop appropriate strategies to achieve objectives.
- Ability to command the respect and attention of senior executives throughout the company, regulators, and independent accountants.
- Significant project-oriented consulting experience.
- Ability to routinely organize and lead temporary cross-functional teams/task forces comprised of individuals with widely varying expertise.
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal/written communication, and collaboration skills.
- Resilient, not easily deterred by challenge and resistance.
- Highly motivated, self-starter.
- Ability to travel to various locations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
A bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business administration from accredited college or university, or four-year degree with sufficient courses in accounting and auditing required. CIA, CPA, or related certification required. CAMS strongly preferred.
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and employees. Ability to communicate one-on-one and to groups to explain policies and procedures, and to persuade others to accept or adopt a specific opinion or action. Ability to effectively present information and/or a convincing argument to executives.
ANALYTICAL AND REASONING ABILITY:
Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports. Ability to accept ambiguous circumstances and take action where answers to a problem are not readily apparent. Ability to analyze information, problems, situations, practices or procedures to: define the problem or objective, identify relevant concerns or factors, identify patterns, tendencies and relationships, formulate logical and objective conclusions, recognize alternatives and their implications. Skill in managing multi-faceted projects to a successful conclusion. Ability to multi-task.
Periodic travel of 10-15% probable.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Caesars Entertainment reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
As a part of Caesars Entertainment's employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Caesars Entertainment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Meet Some of Caesars Entertainment's Employees
Director of Marketing Reinvestment
Katy partners with Caesars Entertainment’s Direct Mail and Email Marketing Team, Analysts, and Events Department to create awesome offers and customer participation programs for the Las Vegas region.
Back to top