Director - Data Engineering
We are seeking a talented, creative, and motivated engineer-at-heart who loves developing scalable, resilient, modern data platforms. This individual will lead a team of data architects, modelers, data integration developers in implementing transformational initiatives at Caesars. The candidate must have experience with challenging projects that involve huge data sets. We are seeking someone who can stay cool under pressure, enjoys fast-paced environments and has experience leveraging agile development methodologies. The resource should have strong analytical skills, unwavering commitment to quality, excellent technical skills, and collaborative work ethic. This role reports to the VP of Data and Analytics
The Director of Data Engineering will be responsible for platform strategy and evolution of enterprise data and analytics capabilities to support Caesar's emerging strategy for unlocking knowledge through innovative advanced analytics, machine-learning capabilities, search and improved information asset management. You will be responsible for leading teams that build high performance, scalable data solutions that meet the needs of business partners across Gaming, Hospitality, Marketing and Heart of House business entities. You will mentor the team in the art of designing, developing, and testing robust, scalable data platform components. The Director will work with a variety of teams and individuals, to understand their data pipeline needs and come up with innovative solutions. This is an exciting opportunity to truly be on the bleeding edge of technology and build strategic relationships with the top technology vendors in the space of Big Data.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline - or equivalent combination of training and experience
- 8+ years of building business logic layers and back-end systems for high-volume pipelines
- 8+ years of experience with building and leading mediums sized teams of engineers and architects (4-10 FTE)
- At least 6 years' experience in Data Architecture
- At least 5 years of leadership experience in a technology role
- Understanding of data flows, data architecture, ETL, and processing of structured and unstructured data
- Hands on experience using Abinitio , DataStage or other ETL tools
- Experience with building Cloud Computing platforms
- Experience leading the creation of data lakes, data warehouses, data marts
- Ability to build prototypes for new features that will meet business needs and are consistent with business goals
- Ability to iterate quickly in an agile development process
- Ability to learn new technologies and evaluate multiple technologies to solve a problem
- Highly developed interpersonal, presentation, and communications skills
- Strong work ethic and entrepreneurial / collaborative spirit
- Effective at technical vendor management
- Experience in Spark, Hadoop, MapReduce and HDFS, Cassandra/HBase
- Experience with high-speed messaging frameworks and streaming (Kafka, Akka, Reactive)
- Experience with DevOps tools (GitHub, TravisCI, Jira) and methodologies (Lean, Agile, Scrum, Test Driven Development)
- Current experience developing and deploying applications to a public cloud (AWS, GCP)
- Experience with data science and machine/deep learning a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Caesars Entertainment reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
As a part of Caesars Entertainment's employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Caesars Entertainment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Meet Some of Caesars Entertainment's Employees
Director of Marketing Reinvestment
Katy partners with Caesars Entertainment’s Direct Mail and Email Marketing Team, Analysts, and Events Department to create awesome offers and customer participation programs for the Las Vegas region.
Back to top