Director Business & Process Improvement
Business and Process Improvement is about giving people the processes and tools required to identify value creation opportunities, and helping all employees work together across the organization to leverage these opportunities. By using a common improvement language and methodology across the family of Caesars Entertainment-affiliated resort hotels, and casinos, and other businesses ("Caesars Entertainment" or the "Company") the goal is to incorporate consistency, rigor, and discipline into all of our decision-making and execution processes. The improvement methodology Caesars Entertainment has adopted is an enhanced Six Sigma process incorporating Lean & Six Sigma.
The Director of Business and Process Improvement Leader will provide the leadership to drive continuous improvement in alignment with Company goals throughout the organization. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, planning, managing, and delivering on the company's highest value Business and Process Improvement activities to ensure that they extract maximum value. The Director will add value by helping to build capabilities to improve the company's processes so that their performance continuously improves and EBITA benefit targets are met, while maintaining a close and collaborative working relationship with the all corporate and property teams.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Clearly sets and communicates the vision, providing strategic direction and leadership to drive continuous improvement in alignment with company goals
- Oversees creation of reports and conducts regular report-outs to senior management on the opportunities and the results of the Business and Process Improvement activities
- Oversees the plan, management, execution and tracking of the most critical Business and Process Improvement events in the company
- Provides strategic direction and support to the project application of Green Belt & Yellow Belt candidates
- Provides training to company Black and Green belts to ensure they effectively support the Lean Six Sigma program
- Builds capabilities throughout the organization to improve processes, drive efficiencies and create measurable financial returns
- Leads the charge to drive continuous improvement by focusing on projects which will have the greatest impact to the organizations performance
- Identifies projects or best practices that can be replicated for deployment across the organization
- Maintains close relationships with the corporate and property management teams to drive support and buy-in for continuous improvement
- Proactively identifies and works to remove barriers that slow or prevent the successful attainment of Continuous Improvement goals & objectives
- Leads an organization with methods and actions that are ethical and in full compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Company policies
- Identifies compliance risks and take actions necessary to eliminate or minimize risks
- Creates a compliance culture within the property and fosters an environment where employees feel comfortable reporting potential violations or misconduct
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Degree qualified in a business or technical discipline or an equivalent combination of experience and education, and proficient with statistical measures and methods. An advanced degree, ideally in a quantitative field, will be well regarded.
- Experience in running large transformations
- Value Stream Map development and transformation
ADDITIONAL KEY COMPETENCIES:
- Coaching/Mentoring Skills
Giving others the direction, opportunities, and support they need to improve their professional competence.
a. Gathers performance data on others from a variety of sources.
b. Provides timely, credible performance feedback to subordinates/peers.
c. Gives others training, guidance, and suggestions to help them perform better.
d. Finds or creates developmental opportunities for subordinates/peers.
- Interpersonal Influence
Building strong work relationships, confronting or challenging others in an open, respectful manner, and adjusting to how individuals function and react.
a. Puts self in position of others to understand their views, needs, and concerns.
b. Raises issues of concern forthrightly and tactfully with others and resolves differences by seeking mutually acceptable solutions.
c. Establishes and uses informal organizational networks to accomplish objectives.
d. Takes action based on anticipation of how others are likely to react.
e. In the face of conflict, looks for areas of common agreement.
- Quality Expertise
Demonstrating in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of process management systems, continuous quality improvement, and other quality tools and techniques.
a. Demonstrates mastery of basic quality tools such as mapping and trend analysis.
b. Uses process management approaches and tools to analyze and solve problems.
c. Manages processes and projects by data and through employee involvement.
d. Seeks input from other quality experts in applying quantitative approaches.
e. Recognizes strategic opportunities to improve processes.
- Analytical/Evaluation Skills
Recognizing patterns in data, information, or events, drawing logical conclusions, and making recommendations for action.
a. Articulates several aspects or components of a problem or complex situation.
b. Asks the right questions to assess a situation or to process information critically.
c. Defines cause-and-effect relationships among variables in complex problems.
d. Draws logical conclusions from data, information, situations, or events.
e. Seeks out information, experts, or resources needed to accomplish a task.
f. Develops recommendations based on a clear definition of various options.
Attending to the communication needs of others, listening effectively, and transmitting information accurately, understandably, and in a timely manner.
a. Identifies the critical issues to be communicated in complex situations.
b. Considers how different audiences are likely to react and chooses the best method of communicating the message to each audience.
c. Shares critical information with colleagues freely and willingly in a timely manner.
d. Uses simple examples, illustrations, or analogies to explain concepts.
e. Writes clearly, logically, and to the point.
Taking the lead in getting the job done in an effective and efficient manner and accepting responsibility for personal actions, results, and costs.
a. Takes action before being asked to or before being forced to by circumstances.
b. Does whatever is necessary to meet challenging goals, schedules, or budgets.
c. Expresses a concern for doing things better and producing excellent work.
d. Accepts responsibility for failures and mistakes.
e. Demands more of self than others do.
- Must have 5 years or more leadership experience in roles reporting directly executive level leadership
- Cross functional and project team experience
- Knowledgeable in company's strategies and change philosophies
- Strong communicator; works collaboratively and maintains positive working relationships
- Should have a Lean Six Sigma Certification or equivalent experience
- Able to see the "big picture" (visionary)
- Proactive and objective
- Results oriented and trustworthy
- Works comfortably with all levels of the organization
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
- Excellent communication skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Caesars Entertainment reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
As a part of Caesars Entertainment's employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Caesars Entertainment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Meet Some of Caesars Entertainment's Employees
Channel Marketing Analyst
Arielle creates easy-to-understand reports that encompass all of the company’s wants and needs so that they can be quickly incorporated into the organization’s roadmaps for implementation.
Back to top