The Cybersecurity Operations Analyst for Caesars is responsible for implementing the Cybersecurity program and strategy at a tactical and operational level (network, infrastructure, applications and databases) to ensure that security controls are functioning efficiently and effectively, more specifically in the realm of security logging, monitoring, alert management, incident handling, vulnerability and configuration management. Furthermore, this position also supports the Cybersecurity Team in doing security research and development, product evaluations, consulting, project support, and any other operational tasks needed to support the overall requirements of the program and strategy.
The Cybersecurity Operations Analyst participates in establishing and implementing security related standards, procedures, and guidelines appropriate to securing the existing environment in partnership with various properties and Information Technology. The optimal goals is to design and implement controls and processes, risk mitigation techniques, and standardized information security solutions that will allow a sensible balance between risks and business operations.
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Participates in documenting all security procedures. Assist the Cybersecurity Engineering team in providing future direction of technology and platforms, how that direction will impact the company, and how future and current systems can be leveraged for the benefit of the company.
- Recognize and identify potential areas where existing data security policies and procedures require change, or where new ones should be developed.
- Analyze, synthesize, develop, engineer, diagnose and maintain systems, programs and procedures that ensure peak performance and reliability of the Caesars' computer and telecommunications systems at minimum cost.
- Recognize and identify potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion. Responsible for optimum system performance.
- Performs ongoing analysis as applications change to determine the impact of security mechanisms in place.
Operational Planning & Management
- Enhances security team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
- Determines security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates.
- Analyze security systems by evaluating network and security technologies; developing requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices; designs public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures as well as hardware and software; adhering to industry standards.
- Implements security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies and equipment; directing equipment and software installation and calibration; preparing preventive and reactive measures; creating, transmitting, and maintaining keys; providing technical support; completing documentation.
- Maintains security by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; conducting incident response analyses; developing and conducting training programs.
- Upgrades security systems by monitoring security environment; identifying security gaps; evaluating and implementing enhancements.
- Prepares system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Assist with general administrative activities in collaboration with all team members
- Support vendors' activities and relationships
- Prepare project plans and associated documentation
- Prepare status reports and other management metrics as needed
Documentation, Reporting& Analytics
- Contribute to the design and implementation of an operational reporting framework that will provide regular metrics and statistics about our business and IT environment; analyze trends in security events, activities, etc. to better understand risks, insufficiencies in our solutions, staffing shortages, etc.; report security metrics and statistics to the CISO and other key stakeholders such as the CTO
- Document and follow-up on security exceptions relating to IT and property activities that could negatively impact security risks and/or not adhere to established policies, standards, or procedures
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
1-3+ years' work experience in security operations, network security, infrastructure security, Windows/Unix systems/security, etc.
Experienced in several security tools (IPS/IDS, DLP, scanners, forensics tools, ethical hacking tools, etc.) and very knowledgeable in security processes.
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or technical training equivalent. CISSP, CISA, CISM, GSEC, or related certification(s) preferred.
Meet Some of Caesars Entertainment's Employees
VP, Finance & Assistant Treasurer
Joyce and her team of six collaborate with investors, treasurers, and Capital Marketing Teams to coordinate the financial interests of Caesars Entertainment and each of its subsidiary companies.
Back to top