Corporate Counsel (Atlantic City)
The position of Corporate Counsel - Regional Operations is responsible for assisting the Associate Chief Counsel - Regional Operations with day-to-day legal advice and guidance to the property management teams of the Company's properties located in Atlantic City, including contract preparation, negotiation and interpretation, advice and assistance with patron and vendor/contractor matters, general operational advice, gaming regulatory advice and guidance, and analysis, interpretation, and advice on Federal, State and County agency/regulatory issues . This position will provide best-in-class legal services efficiently, timely and in a cost-effective manner by anticipating, addressing and creatively resolving legal issues and providing counsel to the Company in a manner that optimizes business results - all within the framework of the Company's compliance, regulatory and code of commitment obligations.
- Provide input and negotiate, when necessary, contract terms with service providers and other third parties, and provide post-execution contract advice and interpretation.
- Assist in interpreting applicable Federal, State and County laws and regulations in areas such as contracting, vendor relationships, gaming compliance, land use, and other regulatory areas.
- Assist property operations teams with patron issues and vendor/tenant matters, including assistance in drafting replies to inquiries.
- Assist with inquiries made to properties by gaming regulatory agencies, act as liaison with gaming regulators, and assist properties in their efforts to respond to requests for information and inquiries by gaming regulators.
- Provide assistance to the Government Relations and Compliance teams on legal issues that are operational in nature, such as proposed new legislation applicable to property operations.
- Provide general advice and guidance to support property operations teams in meeting their business goals and reducing overall risk exposure in the matter areas of facilities support, security and surveillance matters, and tenant/vendor issues and claims.
- Provide input on litigation matters affecting the properties.
- Proactive identification of risks and mitigating actions.
- Advise business clients on risk avoidance and litigation prevention.
- Work with Legal Operations to create and streamline processes and procedures as appropriate.
- Identify compliance risks and take actions necessary to eliminate or minimize risks.
- Lead an organization with methods and actions that are ethical and in full compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Company policies.
- Champion, within the organization, a commitment to honesty, integrity, and responsible corporate behavior.
- Create a compliance culture within the organization and foster an environment where employees feel comfortable reporting potential violations or misconduct.
- Juris Doctor from an ABA accredited law school.
- At least 4 years of experience as a transactional attorney, some of which with a major law firm.
- Member in good standing with a state Bar.
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to simultaneously drive numerous projects, identify and resolve business issues, and prioritize.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret Federal, state and County statutes, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to analyze data received from clients and provide advice in a clear, user-friendly format.
- Ability to analyze problems, situations, and procedures from an operational perspective, identify any relevant concerns, and formulate or provide input for solutions.
- Ability to drive projects and earn the confidence of and cooperation of business partners.
- Strong desire to learn the business and provide support and advice to all business units.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, drafting and negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated and efficient, with good business judgment and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Enjoyable to work with.
- Resourceful and efficient in completing assigned tasks with strong follow through skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, metric-driven environment and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
Meet Some of Caesars Entertainment's Employees
VP, Finance & Assistant Treasurer
Joyce and her team of six collaborate with investors, treasurers, and Capital Marketing Teams to coordinate the financial interests of Caesars Entertainment and each of its subsidiary companies.
Back to top