The copywriter is responsible for the voice and copy for all aspects of Caesars Entertainment's marketing. They research, brainstorm, write and edit original copy that inspires and motivates. In addition to writing and editing copy for traditional channels like print ads, billboards, television and radio, they may also be called on to work on content for digital channels including websites, social ads, email and more. The copywriter will collaborate with creative and marketing teams to develop all marketing campaigns.
- Wear two hats - Traditional and digital writer: You should be able to write copy that sings from a billboard to a magazine ad, website to an email, social media post to a digital sign.
- Are scriptwriters: You should know how to write a spectacular story on any medium, at any length from 5, 15 second, 30 second, 60 second, or more for broadcast or social media.
- Understand the brand: You learn and understand our brands' voices and tone and expand upon it.
- Identify and see marketing trends: You should be able to recognize marketing trends and identify how to employ them.
- Concept ideas: You daydream about good ideas and work to take it from concept to campaign.
- Collaborate: You should be able to work with multiple teams including content, creative, marketing, PR and more to create unique content and campaigns.
Tasks require a strong attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS :
- Can research, brainstorm, write and edit original creative that inspires and motivates, including, but not limited to: large-scale campaign ideas, specific executions for print, broadcast, billboards, radio, digital screens, websites, social media and other marketing channels.
- Participate in collaboration with multiple teams to create compelling creative. Works well in a team or independent environment.
- Sells creative internally and to clients at the creative director or account executive's request.
- Maintain a consistent style throughout all brands.
- Copy edit and proofread content.
- Maintains accurate daily time sheets.
- Maintains a positive and professional working relationship with co-workers and clients.
- Represents the team and company in a professional and positive manner while on property.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising or communications. 2 - 4 years' experience in a creative agency environment or a writing position with strong writing portfolio and writing / editing skills.
- Must understand the creative process, from conception to execution.
- Editing and writing experience and an excellent knowledge of the English language, including spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills and comfortable communicating with all levels of management .
- Ability to take ownership and initiative, and work independently with minimal direction while also being an active participant in cross-functional collaborations and contributing as part of a team.
- Must understand digital creative needs as well as traditional including an understanding of all social platforms, experiential, video content, broadcast, etc. and how they fit together to help tell a larger story on behalf of a brand.
- Must have good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and build on existing business foundations
- Must take feedback and guidance well.
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to prioritize and work on multiple assignments concurrently, be detail oriented, self-motivated and proactive in a challenging, dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of the AP Stylebook, Elements of Grammar, Elements of Style and spelling.
- Strong writing skills and a unique voice.
- Organizes and express ideas clearly and concisely in writing and oral communications.
- Can work cooperatively with multiple teams across disciplines to produce innovative solutions.
- Strong understanding of marketing and sales strategies.
- Familiar with the Las Vegas hotel and entertainment market.
WORK ENVIRONMENT :
A dynamic office environment with daily, monthly and yearly goals.
You must be able to:
- Collaborate with multiple teams in a fast-paced environment to create exciting and compelling content.
- Work in an office environment with variations in lighting, temperature and noise
- Work for periods of a time at a desk doing typing, complex writing, research.
See Inside the Office of Caesars Entertainment
Since its inception more than 70 years ago, Caesars Entertainment Corporation has grown to include branded casino resorts across four continents. Through development, expansion, and acquisition, the group remains focused on building loyalty and bringing value to customers, employees, business partners, and communities by being the most service-oriented, technology-driven, and geographically diversified company in casino entertainment.
Back to top