Chief Counsel - Regulatory %26 Compliance
The Chief Counsel - Regulatory & Compliance will assist in managing the company's regulatory compliance functions, including but not limited to, assisting with the Company's Compliance, Corporate Investigations, and Licensing functions and implementing the Company's Compliance Program. As a member of the Law Department's Compliance practice group, he or she will support the SVP & Chief Regulatory & Compliance Officer on regulatory and compliance matters.
- Administer all aspects of the Company's Compliance, Investigations, and Licensing functions.
- Serve as a liaison with state gaming regulators which includes responsibility for responding to gaming regulatory investigations and inquiries, securing regulatory approvals for corporate transactions, material financings, acquisitions, and major developments. Represent the Company before gaming regulatory agencies in jurisdictions where the Company conducts business. Communicate with gaming regulatory agencies on key company initiatives and any other matters deemed critical to the Company's business.
- In addition to gaming regulatory compliance, assist in ensuring compliance with other state, federal, and international laws, regulations and policies impacting the Company's business including but not limited to: the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, OSHA and other safety and environmental laws, laws on political contributions and prohibitions, Fair Credit Reporting Act and other privacy laws.
- Assist with the implementation of the Company's Compliance Program and help ensure consistent interpretation. Maintain all reports relating to the Compliance Program for the Company and subsidiaries. Assist with the development of policies under the Program and help ensure consistent implementation throughout the Company. Advise, as appropriate, the Company's senior level management on compliance with gaming regulations in all jurisdictions where the Company conducts business.
- Direct the completion of background suitability investigations on potential business partners, vendors, suppliers, consultants, lobbyists, and employee background investigations as required under the Compliance Program. Advise business clients on matters relating to the suitability of relationships with third parties.
- Direct all functions of the Corporate Licensing group in the preparation and submission, within prescribed deadlines, of initial license applications and renewals for the parent company and all subsidiary entities and for certain Officers, Directors, Board Members, and key employees. Oversee the appropriate reporting and for changes in officers, directors, Board Members, and key employees. Oversee the preparation and filing of all required jurisdictional reports and filings, including Nevada foreign gaming reports and all monthly, quarterly and annual filings required by the gaming regulatory agencies where the Company conducts business.
- Assist with all gaming regulatory investigations including initial license investigations, routine license renewal investigations, and any other investigations by gaming regulatory agencies such as shelf registration renewals, investigations relating to finance transactions, and investigations relating to other types of required approvals. Continually ensure that the Company's interests are appropriately represented and appear before gaming regulatory agencies on licensing and compliance matters.
- Provide legal advice and guidance to internal Company departments such as Government Relations and ensuring adherence to Federal election, lobbying disclosure, and gift and contributions laws.
- Identify compliance risks and take actions necessary to eliminate or minimize risks.
- Lead an organization with methods and actions that are ethical and in full compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Company policies.
- Champion, within the organization, a commitment to honesty, integrity, and responsible corporate behavior.
- Create a compliance culture within the organization and foster an environment where employees feel comfortable reporting potential violations or misconduct.
- Juris Doctor from an ABA accredited law school.
- At least 5-7 years of regulatory compliance experience as an attorney, with a major law firm, preferably in the gaming industry.
- Member in good standing with a state Bar.
- Exceptional academic credentials.
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to simultaneously drive numerous projects, identify and resolve business issues, and prioritize.
- Ability to drive projects and earn the confidence of and cooperation of business partners.
- Strong desire to learn the business and provide support and advice to all business units.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, drafting and negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated and efficient, with good business judgment and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Enjoyable to work with.
- Resourceful and efficient in completing assigned tasks with strong follow through skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, metric-driven environment and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
Meet Some of Caesars Entertainment's Employees
VP, Finance & Assistant Treasurer
Joyce and her team of six collaborate with investors, treasurers, and Capital Marketing Teams to coordinate the financial interests of Caesars Entertainment and each of its subsidiary companies.
Back to top