Chief Counsel, Development
The position of Chief Counsel -Development is responsible for assisting the SVP, Deputy GC & Corporate Secretary with the management of development matters for the Company and its affiliates by handling matters directly and by working with and managing outside counsel. This position will provide best-in-class legal services efficiently, timely and in a cost-effective manner by anticipating, addressing and creatively resolving legal issues and providing counsel to the Company in a manner that optimizes business results - all within the framework of the Company's compliance, regulatory and code of commitment obligations.
• Act as one of the company's in-house attorneys on development efforts, with leading role for oversight of all real estate matters company-wide, including in connection with secured credit facilities, acquisition/divestitures of land, leasing transactions, and capital asset management.
• Supervise Counsel, Hospitality Development in providing oversight in legal matters associated with the company's Hospitality Development, including all third-party retail and food and beverage leasing, licensing and management agreements at the company's domestic properties.
• Additional responsibilities for company's design and construction matters in connection with development projects.
• Primary in-house attorney for the company's energy and public utility contracts, environmental compliance, and related matters.
• Role includes front-line negotiations involving Caesars senior management and executive-level representatives of potential partners and contracting parties.
• Must be able to manage teams of outside legal professionals and internal paralegals and staff, work collaboratively across multiple internal client groups, and serve as the primary legal resource for all matters related to the company's real estate holdings system-wide.
• Work with Legal Operations to create and streamline processes and procedures as appropriate.
• Identify compliance risks and take actions necessary to eliminate or minimize risks.
• Lead an organization with methods and actions that are ethical and in full compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Company policies.
• Champion, within the organization, a commitment to honesty, integrity, and responsible corporate behavior.
Create a compliance culture within the organization and foster an environment where employees feel comfortable reporting potential violations or misconduct
• Juris Doctor from an ABA accredited law school.
• At least 5-7 years of experience as a transactional attorney, some of which with a major law firm and some in-house experience, preferably in the gaming or hospitality industry.
• Member in good standing with a state Bar.
• Exceptional academic credentials.
• Experience handling all aspects of complex real estate transactions.
• Self-motivated team player with the ability to simultaneously drive numerous projects, identify and resolve business issues, and prioritize.
• Ability to drive projects and earn the confidence of and cooperation of business partners.
• Strong desire to learn the business and provide support and advice to all business units.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, drafting and negotiation skills.
• Self-motivated and efficient, with good business judgment and analytical skills.
• Detail oriented and organized.
• Enjoyable to work with.
• Resourceful and efficient in completing assigned tasks with strong follow through skills.
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, metric-driven environment and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
Meet Some of Caesars Entertainment's Employees
VP, Finance & Assistant Treasurer
Joyce and her team of six collaborate with investors, treasurers, and Capital Marketing Teams to coordinate the financial interests of Caesars Entertainment and each of its subsidiary companies.
Back to top