Category Manager, Marketing/Gaming
Caesars Entertainment is a marketing focused organization with ongoing initiatives to identify, enroll, track, and retain its extensive customer base – now over 40 million Total Rewards members. Total Rewards is Caesars signature customer loyalty program supported by direct mail, loyalty surveys, award programs, special events as well as digital, OOH, traditional media and advertising. In addition to these outward reaching customer initiatives the Marketing organization is responsible for acquiring world class entertainment across its many venues, managing and producing creative material, conducting special events and promotions, and provisioning retail stores located at each property. All of the above require extensive use of printed material and direct mail.
The Category Manager – Marketing is responsible for leading the sourcing and contracting of over $50M in annual expense. This position will oversee cost-effective third-party relationships with suppliers of marketing services including media, advertising and creative. The Category Manager – Marketing will also provide sourcing services for entertainment and promotional items. The right candidate must be a seasoned professional with a track record of influencing change, process improvement and cost reduction.
- Minimum of 5 years strategic sourcing experience in large corporations and/or consulting firms.
- Minimum of 3 years experience sourcing marketing services, promotional items, print and/ or direct mail.
- Strong understanding of media and advertising agency services as well as digital, online and OOH.
- Track record of delivering significant savings and cost reduction programs in complex organizational environments.
- Experience and depth of understanding with eSourcing, eAuctions, and eContracts
- Bachelors degree is required. Degree concentration in Marketing, Business or Computer Science is preferred. MBA or graduate level degree is a plus.
- Synthesizes industry analysis, criticality analysis, business knowledge, competitive analysis, historical pricing trends, etc., to develop written strategic sourcing strategies. Key elements of this competency include effectively executing the strategy, measuring the results, and renewing the strategy as market conditions evolve.
- Conducts full cycle sourcing events using eSourcing and eAuction strategies.
- Develops internal stakeholder relationships and identifies new business opportunities.
- Monitors supply base to ensure items purchased are at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source, and urgency of need.
- Ensures and tracks enterprise buying compliance with preferred suppliers, standard processes, and company policy.
- Monitors post-promotional reviews and analysis to determine if promotional requirements were met.
- Performs relevant financial analyses (i.e., financial statement analysis, NPV, ROI, IRR, PPV) which support sourcing processes and tasks.
- Reviews contractual documentation ensuring compliance with corporate standards.
- Ability to work productively and influence change within a large, complex organization with a myriad of legacy purchasing practices.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products and knowledge of software systems.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Caesars Entertainment reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
As a part of Caesars Entertainment's employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Caesars Entertainment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Meet Some of Caesars Entertainment's Employees
Channel Marketing Analyst
Arielle creates easy-to-understand reports that encompass all of the company’s wants and needs so that they can be quickly incorporated into the organization’s roadmaps for implementation.
Back to top