Category Buyer - General
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Category Buyer utilizes category expertise and vendor specific knowledge to determine procurement and inventory management strategies. He/or She exercises independent judgment and discretion in problem solving complex, multi-stakeholder, replenishment related issues while meeting key performance objectives.
- Monitor and independently determine the timing and quantity of items to buy based on a detailed understanding of vendor, category, market, and forecasting indicators.
- Manage the development and completion of all hospitality required products and equipment purchase orders.
- Possess product knowledge within the general commodities area within the hospitality industry.
- Prepare appropriate documentation for review and compliance to specifications for review by ordering department.
- Assist properties in the development of their budgets for supplies and products.
- Coordinate the bidding; cost analysis, negotiation, purchasing for hospitality related supplies, and equipment. Work closely with Property Operations to ensure high customer satisfaction.
- Negotiate credit and other financial arrangements with an emphasis on reducing deposits and obtaining the most favorable payment terms possible.
- Bid and negotiate installation and warehousing services if required.
- Maintain integrity of national, regional and local sourcing agreements.
- Support the implementation of national, regional and local sourcing agreements by providing opportunities for preferred suppliers.
- Ensure compliance with established programs, policies, and procedures.
- Identify potential opportunities for new programs and review them with direct report and Strategic Sourcing Corporate Commodity Managers
- Communicate any program, policy, or procedural discrepancies to the direct report.
- Develop a project reference library to collect reference information, samples, and catalogs. Create and maintain a database of all past purchases to cross reference property and project materials purchases.
- Responsible for all vendor dispute resolutions in an effort to prevent negative cost and schedule impacts to the properties.
- Manage Supplier registration including the vetting of W9 & COI documentation, taking into account corporate and government regulatory requirements
In addition to the performance of the Essential Job Functions, this position will be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions.
- Formulate and implement corporate purchasing policies and procedures if required.
- Assist in the development of specifications for properties.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedule's to reflect the business needs to the office.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- College or equivalent experience is preferred
- Minimum of 5-8 years hospitality related procurement experience and product knowledge
- Subject matter expert on one or more product category
- Accuracy and attention to detail is necessary
- Must be able to conduct comparative analysis
- Excellent organization and communication skills both written and oral
- Proficiency required in the use of Microsoft Office especially Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as Microsoft Outlook Stratton Warren purchasing software required.
- Possesses a high degree of professionalism, tact, and persistence.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Excellent phone skills
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, writes, speak and understand English.
Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and/or employees
Ability to communicate one-on-one and/or to groups to explain policies and procedures
Ability to effectively present information and/or a convincing case to executives and stakeholders
ANALYTICAL AND REASONING ABILITY:
Ability to read, analyze and interpret Opportunities, through spends analysis Possess the ability to accept ambiguous circumstances and take action where answers to a problem are not readily apparent. Ability to analyze information, problems, situations, practices or procedures to: define the problem or objective, identify relevant concerns or factors, identify patterns, tendencies and relationships, formulate logical and objective conclusions, and recognize alternatives and their implications. Ability to manage multi-faceted projects to a successful conclusion
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Caesars Entertainment reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
As a part of Caesars Entertainment's employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Caesars Entertainment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Meet Some of Caesars Entertainment's Employees
Channel Marketing Analyst
Arielle creates easy-to-understand reports that encompass all of the company’s wants and needs so that they can be quickly incorporated into the organization’s roadmaps for implementation.
Back to top