Capital Assets Senior Accountant
- Complete monthly cost reporting and submit to Project Managers and Directors for review.
- Monitor and communicate budget, commitments, billing and coding variances to project team through the life of the project.
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals and any additional services related to billing.
- Identify opportunities to reduce the cost of construction projects, including reviewing contracts and analyzing billings. Analyze and approve new contract and change orders against project current status and commitment levels. Ensure compliance with contract documents. Track payments through entire processing cycle.
- Meet on a regular basis with property senior management to communicate project status and ensure compliance with capital policies and procedures.
- Ensure internal compliance with established accounting policies and procedures for design and construction projects.
- Provide accounting information / guidance to Capital Assets (PPE) accounting group in support of project capitalization, as appropriate.
- Partner with Corporate Accounting to help conduct internal audits of contractors and sub-contractors to ensure compliance with contracts.
- Recover costs where appropriate, resulting from contractor overcharges or non-compliance with contracts.
- Set up new projects in the project system.
- Analyze monthly project summaries as assigned by the Senior Manager.
- Recommend and implement process improvements.
- Work with external audit team to execute quarterly audits of all contractors and sub-contractors.
- Provide year-end support to external auditors.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in project accounting, preferably in construction.
- Bachelor degree in related field.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated team player.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently in a fast-paced environment, adaptable to change.
- Ability to oversee the preparation of accurate accounting information for multiple projects in a timely and managed manner.
- Proactively seeks to improve efficiency and effectiveness of processes and procedures as part of a continuous improvement program.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with project accounting better practices and enabling systems / applications.
- Construction project familiarity, experience working with AIA payment applications, subcontractor billing, construction / design contracts and capital project tracking desired.
- Knowledge of job cost financial systems preferred. Experience with Infinium, Oracle, Stratton Warren, Ariba and Sage.
- Understanding of construction cycles for various capital project types and corresponding cash flows.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Caesars Entertainment reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
As a part of Caesars Entertainment's employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Caesars Entertainment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Meet Some of Caesars Entertainment's Employees
Channel Marketing Analyst
Arielle creates easy-to-understand reports that encompass all of the company’s wants and needs so that they can be quickly incorporated into the organization’s roadmaps for implementation.
Back to top