Responsible for assisting the retail buyer and team in the revenue, margin and inventory management of retail product across multiple properties / locations. Assist with sourcing and developing innovative product to achieve financial goals and support and enhance each Caesars owned brand within the retail division of Caesars Entertainment. Provide strong administrative support utilizing retail systems to successfully deliver a product assortment to exceed the expectations of Caesars guests.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Purchase order management. Support buyer in identification of need for and entry of new purchase orders.
- Manage re-order process in a timely manner. Enter and process purchase orders accurately.
- Ensure timely delivery of new product and re-orders. Link/de-link items on basic stock effectively.
- Create and maintain new styles in system. Perform style maintenance and housekeeping. Execute proce changes.
- Identify replenishment problems and resolve effectively. Make adjustments to store assortments based on inventory and delivery timing.
- Maintain professional and effective vendor communications and relationships. Respond to vendor requests / inquiries in a timely manner.
- Distribute and enforce vendor compliance standards.
- Maintain open to buy and other forms in an accurate and timely manner.
- Respond to operations, accounting and distribution center issues quickly and professionally.
- Monitor performance versus plan and prior year. Review with management to identify growth opportunities and strategies for dealing with problem areas.
- Closely monitor sales and address inventory control with management and the operations team.
- Assist buyer in development of product assortment strategy by department/property/store to support and enhance the brand identity of each location while achieving or exceeding revenue and margin goals.
- Assist in identifying new and existing market trends that can be profitably adapted to support the individual brands/properties.
- Perform regular competitive shopping trips and report findings to management and other buyers.
- Attend relevant trade shows when necessary
- Assist buyer in development and communication of product knowledge seminars from appropriate vendors for operations team.
- Coordinate vendor training/ special events / personal appearances to drive revenue
- Work with planning and visual teams to plan and maintain planograms for each store.
- Key Performance Metrics
- Achieve or exceed budgets for revenue and margin. Achieve or exceed goals for inventory and expense management
- Effectiveness of cross-functional collaboration (e.g., vendors, planning, visual, brand management, store operations)
- Willingness and success in driving innovation in product development or new products.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Experience in retail buying office preferred but not required. Degree in merchandising or marketing preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize activities.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong understanding of Microsoft excel and word. Retail software a plus.
- Strong math skills.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
Diverse, production-oriented, fast-paced, deadline driven, multi project coordination, prioritizing and flexing to accommodate last minute requests and changes. Interdependent on others to complete/perform duties. A team environment that fosters dependability, accountability, support, assistance and flexibility. Will not take subjective or objective corrections/changes to your ideas/designs/suggestions personally and can participate/understand the studio is solutions-based to provide best possible projects to properties.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Caesars Entertainment reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
As a part of Caesars Entertainment's employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Caesars Entertainment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Meet Some of Caesars Entertainment's Employees
Channel Marketing Analyst
Arielle creates easy-to-understand reports that encompass all of the company’s wants and needs so that they can be quickly incorporated into the organization’s roadmaps for implementation.
Back to top