ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Directly responsible for providing leadership in the areas of technical and database direction, standardization, project management, systems analysis, system design and programming to solve complex business problems. Support multiple interfaces to diverse in-house developed and vendor supplied applications. Support wide range of geographically dispersed casino properties all with a single set of programs running off of a centrally located IBM AS/400 computer system as well as Java-based applications running off IBM pSeries computer system.
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Assume technical leadership role supporting entire development staff through coaching on technical skills, influencing product interface direction, managing standards and approving system modifications.
- Manage concurrent development issues while multiple projects are modifying the same program.
- Formulate systems scope and objectives by devising procedures to solve technical problems using information systems.
- Design, code and test the most complex systems analysis projects.
- Prepare detailed specifications from which programmers use to write, design, code, test and debug the most complex programs.
- Demonstrate complex problem-solving skills by defining the presenting technical system solutions for identified technical issues.
- Manages large, complex development projects that require large technical modifications.
- Maintain expert knowledge on not only in-house systems, but appropriate vendor systems, products, performance, viability and pricing.
- Directly responsible for ensuring comprehensive change management policies for the most complex, integrated systems.
- Directly responsible for the documentation activities from design to completion to assist future analysts in understanding work solutions. Ensure documentation completion for overall project.
- Ensure technical guidelines/requirements and department standards are followed by team members in testing, development, controls and documentation.
- Directly responsible for the feasibility and conceptual design studies, functional designs and system analysis involving automated and non-automated solutions.
- Prepare and execute development plans for assigned staff based on objective criteria and recommend salary actions.
- Directly responsible for overall project management, business priorities, and development standards to others up and including complex projects.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to client and local management during casino start-ups, conversions, and other projects as assigned. Ensure project scope remains "in alignment" with stated departmental objectives, clients business needs, and budgetary measures.
- Maintain frequent high quality communications with clients and all other affected individuals/ areas of projects and support, including project meetings, project plans, financial performance, project scope and key assumptions, dates, etc.
- Conduct performance reviews as well as ongoing assessment of strengths and weaknesses. Provide or secure the training necessary to ensure optimum job performance.
- Give management direction to matrix staff. Provide input to matrix staff's direct manager for performance reviews.
- Directly responsible for developing high level cost estimates, preparing cost/benefit analyses, developing and monitoring budgets for operating location, reporting variances.
- Create and communicate a long-term vision, balancing short and long-term goals.
- Create and adjust strategic plans based on industry/external trends and inputs.
- Lead the overall vision, planning, orchestration, and execution of all aspects of the workshop/ meeting. Serve as the key stakeholders primary point of contact for delivery of the workshop/ meeting results. Can play the facilitator role during the actual running of large group sessions – including leading the interviews/ discussion, sharing outputs/ next steps, etc.
- Provides leadership in the areas project management, systems analysis, system design and programming to solve complex business problems. Has the ability to support the complex integration of multiple products, systems and/or platforms.
- Architect testing solutions for each phase of the testing cycle and tools to mitigate risks and issues; is able to innovate and integrate testing processes.
- Present cost-benefit of implementing functional modules and their phasing.
- Ensure integration with overall system delivery and deployment.
- Facilitate large group requirement gathering sessions and provide strategic context for stakeholder feedback. Ensure synchronization with overall business objectives.
- Play the lead role and manage large testing teams in the Design/ Development/Deployment phases. Perform status reporting to other teams.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
9+ years programming experience preferred, with an additional 3 years of project leadership, systems design/analysis and IT management.
Must be competent in all aspects of programming and design with minimal direction.
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or technical training equivalent.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Caesars Entertainment reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
As a part of Caesars Entertainment's employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Caesars Entertainment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Meet Some of Caesars Entertainment's Employees
Channel Marketing Analyst
Arielle creates easy-to-understand reports that encompass all of the company’s wants and needs so that they can be quickly incorporated into the organization’s roadmaps for implementation.
Back to top