AEM / React Front-End Engineer (CES/OHC)
- Las Vegas, NV
Based in Las Vegas, NV and reporting to the AEM Engineering & Platform Manager, the AEM/React Front-End Engineer will be responsible for crafting the front-end code for the caesars.com and it's set of eCommerce vacation planning features, merchandizing capabilities, and content management capabilities for Caesars Entertainment and its family of brands (Caesars Palace, Flamingo, The LINQ, Harrah's, Bally's, etc.). The AEM/React Front-End Engineer will participate within a product scrum, in close collaboration with the Digital Product Owner, Scrum master, and Sr, Engineers to execute AEM and website application development for the guest commerce planning experience, across all web-based digital channels (mobile, desktop signage, voice, etc.).
This role is responsible for breaking down and translating capabilities/features into various code artifacts, including estimating, technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, and deployment to propel the product forward from user story through deployment. In addition, this developer will be accountable for the successful launch of defect free, modular, reusable code from ideation through implementation, as well as continuous optimization through the product lifecycle.
The ideal candidate will have a proven understanding of React web development and front-end coding principles with respect to responsive web engineering in the development of guest-facing experiences. The Front-End Engineer will be responsible for ensuring she/he participates in the creation and consistent application development of digital product engineering design principles, patterns, and shared code libraries to ensure efficient and scalable product development. The candidate must be able to collaborate within the team, across multiple product teams and vendor/ partners simultaneously, excel in a fast-paced environment, identify and leverage opportunities across teams and departments including marketing, content management, revenue management, property management, and IT.
The role will partner with other front-end product engineers who bring our products to market, acting as a trusted teammate to the members of the scrum team of 5-10 employees, contractors, freelancers and vendors as digital products and initiatives are proposed, designed, developed and launched. The AEM/React Front-End Engineer must have the leadership and drive to serve teams that ideate and deliver high-quality code and user experiences of digital products for our customers, by cultivating a culture of end-user focused product engineering, delivery and innovation powered by data and consumer insights.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write resilient and high-quality code (and not just pull from libraries) in the development of user-published content pages on caesars.com and provide consultative guidance for the team of developers on sizing, scope and risk
- Participate in the implementation of Adobe Experience Manager, including design, definition and development of AEM/React content type models, workflows, templates, and components, and permissions.
- Participate in unit tests, peer code reviews and maintenance of internally and partner-developed front-end eCommerce applications
- Responsible for defining and adhering to the "definition of done" and documentation of the completed front-end application solutions
- Consume micro services and leverage extensive experience using tools and technologies for developing a scalable application
- Write technical user stories/tasks and detailed technical specifications for caesars.com systems. Identify integration points.
- Peer-review technical stories created by other developers within the Discover and AEM scrums
- Scope the time, resources, and needs required by the scrum team to complete front-end programming features
- Seek review from other Developers, Product Owners, IT Systems Analysts or Project Managers/Directors on estimates
- Participate with the scrum master and product owner, and fellow developers in the planning, grooming, and estimation of all features and their entry and exit points
- Deliver within a team of front-end and services developers responsible for the realization of the vision / concept of the eCommerce products and its set of capabilities by connecting technical touch points (architecture, services, etc.), with a customer-first focus
- Provide input to ensure that the product specifications/stories enable a desirable, feasible and viable product for the relevant end-user
- Attend daily scrums with team members to help drive engineering decisions, remove roadblocks, and communicate changes in strategic code development direction or priority shifts
- Provides frequent communication to the product owner , scrum master, and fellow developers on development progress, elevating any issues that could impact the budget, timeline, or strategic vision
While this role does not have direct budget oversight, the AEM/React Front-End Engineer has the responsibility to control development costs and build product capabilities that will exceed revenue targets which determine the financial success of the product.
- A writer of efficient code with a minimum of 4 years in a digital product engineering role
- Understanding and experience integrating web / microservices architecture
- Experience using GitHub, Jenkins, and or similar tools and technology
- Experience and understanding with unit testing, release procedures, coding design and documentation protocol as well as change management procedures
- Strong debugging, problem solving and investigative skills. Ability to assimilate disparate information (apm alerts, logs, error messages) and pursue leads to find root cause of defects
- Experience developing in an agile/scrum development environment using Jira and Confluence for feature tracking and documentation
- Experience with Adobe Experience Cloud, primarily AEM Sites and Analytics a plus.
- Demonstrable portfolio of products in market
- A positive outlook and willingness to act as a coachable teammate within a high-performing scrum team
EDUCATION & LEADERSHIP:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Relevant degree in computer science or MIS preferred
- Knowledge of the online travel industry, and travel/tourism in general is a plus
See Inside the Office of Caesars Entertainment
Since its inception more than 70 years ago, Caesars Entertainment Corporation has grown to include branded casino resorts across four continents. Through development, expansion, and acquisition, the group remains focused on building loyalty and bringing value to customers, employees, business partners, and communities by being the most service-oriented, technology-driven, and geographically diversified company in casino entertainment.
Back to top