This position will be responsible for managing the Record to Report (R2R) team as they perform the following functions: month-end close process, monthly balance sheet account reconciliation review, analytics of financial statement line items and other projects assigned to the team. This person would be responsible for evaluating and improving departmental processes and will participate in key project initiatives as assigned. This position will include building a team environment and managing senior accountants and supervisors within their team to ensure deadlines are met and quality standards are maintained. This person will report to and assist the Senior Manager in establishing and maintaining strong accounting controls and in aspects of the overall supervision of the Record to Report Accounting department.
- Senior Accountants & Supervisors – Record to Report, CEBS
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists in planning with the management team the coordination of R2R functions and duties for multiple properties and corporate cost centers
- Plans, supervises, and assists the R2R staff in performing daily, weekly, and monthly accounting processes to properly record and classify financial transactions, analyze P&L/balance sheet activity and reconcile balance sheet activity.
- Responds to the needs of customers, internal and external, for special reports and interpretation of financial results; addresses potential accounting issues and provides solutions or conclusions to the management team.
- Maintains strong accounting controls and established acceptable accounting procedures sufficient to ensure compliance with the regulation and mandates of all governing bodies, both internal and external.
- Develop and implement best practices in all areas of R2R. Actively participate in LEAN initiatives and suggest process improvements where necessary.
- Create a 'Caring Culture' and motivate team members to perform at the highest standard.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Four year college graduate with a major in Accounting or Finance required.
- CPA or master-level education preferred.
- Four to six years of accounting experience, preferably in a shared services environment, with one to three years in a supervisory capacity.
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP and SOX
- Strong leadership skills; ability to motivate underperforming team members
- Ability to supervise and coach team members
- Ability to function in a fluid and fast paced setting
- Organized and detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
- Ability to adapt to new circumstances by understanding the changes and supporting management in communicating them in a positive manner
- Knowledge of computer software—MS Excel, Access, Oracle, BlackLine preferred
- Ability to identify changes in the business environment and make appropriate changes accordingly including potential impact on control frameworks
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; able to lead meetings and communicate with all levels of management and present a well groomed appearance
- Must be a team player in a professional environment and actively participate in departmental discussions by bringing suggestions, recommendations and efficeincies to the table
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
Office environment. Business casual attire
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Caesars Entertainment reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
As a part of Caesars Entertainment's employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Caesars Entertainment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Meet Some of Caesars Entertainment's Employees
Channel Marketing Analyst
Arielle creates easy-to-understand reports that encompass all of the company’s wants and needs so that they can be quickly incorporated into the organization’s roadmaps for implementation.
Back to top