Lease Accountant is primarily responsible for billing and collection cycles for lease accounting; operational data integrity, which includes but not limited to tenant relationships, reconciliation of tenant ledgers, and preparing ad-hoc reports as requested by management.
Key Job Functions:
- Prepare and post tenant scheduled charges and adjusting charges in MRI
- Proactively work with tenants to collect payment and resolve outstanding balances
- Provide Aging updates to management
- Invoice tenants based upon lease terms including but not limited to minimum rents, percentage rents, etc.
- Apply checks/wires to open balances
- Review and tie out all A/R reporting at month end
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly and annual accounting processes to accurately record lease revenue for financial reporting
- Prepare bad debt journal entry and any utility accruals to ensure books comply with GAAP
- Maintain compliance with internal control and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements
- Communicate and maintain strong working relationships with Tenants, Internal and External Auditors, Finance Leaders and Analytics teams
- Perform monthly utility analysis
- Assist leadership teams with special projects, research and supplemental reporting
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent
- 2 + years of lease accounting and/or AR function
- Must have good experience with internal controls and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance.
- Must have intermediate level skills with Microsoft Excel/Word/Access and 10-key. Knowledge of MRI a plus, but not required.
- Excellent judgment with ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Must be organized and detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently.
- Must be a team player and ability to collaborate with others.
- Must be comfortable with answering and placing phone calls to tenants regarding past due balances.
- Ability to remain calm and have patience under pressure.
WORK ENVIRONMENT :
- Fast Paced
Meet Some of Caesars Entertainment's Employees
VP, Finance & Assistant Treasurer
Joyce and her team of six collaborate with investors, treasurers, and Capital Marketing Teams to coordinate the financial interests of Caesars Entertainment and each of its subsidiary companies.
Back to top