Bunkhouse is a hospitality company created by hotelier Liz Lambert that believes in inspired design, connection to place and the value of community. Bunkhouse has designed and developed a celebrated portfolio of hospitality projects including Hotel San José, Hotel Saint Cecilia, Austin Motel, and Jo's Coffee in Austin, Hotel Havana and Ocho in San Antonio, El Cosmico in Marfa, Texas, The Phoenix in San Francisco, California, and Hotel San Cristobal in Baja, Mexico.
We are looking for an experienced hotel designer to join our team, skilled in FF&E development and with installation expertise.
Please include a cover letter with your resume.
- Interiors conceptualization and design for various hospitality projects
- FF&E specifications for model rooms, guest rooms, corridors, public spaces
- Furniture design, development and drawings
- Room layouts in CAD, hand sketching and other renderings
- Construction administration during build out of hotel and restaurant projects
- FF&E procurement and styling
- Management of various projects, from small to large scale:
- Establish and maintain liaison as required with all properties, committees and employees
- Review and asses vendor proposals
- Direct the activities of on-site and off-site consultants
- Assist in preparing preliminary construction and FF&E estimates, bid requests, de-scope, and proposals
- Support the Chief Creative Officer and Design Director in daily tasks
- Coordinate small projects for Bunkhouse properties
- Source and purchase materials and products
- Build and maintain materials library & resource catalogs
- Maintain project binders and folders
- Responsible for design boards and image research
- Responsible for placing supply and sample orders
- Maintain the existing Bunkhouse digital photo library and presentation archives
- Purchase FF&E and OS&E, when needed
- Act as a liaison between vendors, properties, and Design Director
- FF&E specifications in SPEXX software
- Maintain project budgets & invoices
Education & Experience: 1. MS, BFA or BS in interior design or architecture with excellent design skills preferred, but not required 2. Five (5) years related experience in hospitality design industry or architecture/interior design 3. Must have direct experience in managing multiple projects, clients, and/or complex consultant relationships.
Competencies: 1. Communication Proficiency 2. Ethical Conduct 3. Problem Solving/Analysis 4. Computer Proficiency: Spexx (or equivalent), Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Autocad, Sketch Up, BIM, and BlueBeam 5. Hand rendering skills 6. Positive Attitude 7. Eye for Detail
Compensation & Benefits: Bunkhouse offers competitive wages, a superior benefits and PTO package, and a liberal working environment that fosters individuality and creativity.
Bunkhouse Core Values:
- BE REAL. We treat everyone like human beings. We are respectful and authentic, we listen, and we develop meaningful relationships with guests, customers and each other. We encourage our employees to have a voice and to use it to improve the work we do.
- CREATE MAGIC. In design, service and all things, we go above and beyond to inspire. Every detail counts, and we believe that our work is a collaboration that depends on all of us bringing our creativity and passion to work with us every day.
- BE HERE NOW. In our work, creating a sense of place is important. We contribute to the fabric of our respective communities by honoring, representing and supporting the communities in which our businesses exist. We make it our goal to be experts on our cities, and we leave travelers with a sense of where they have been.
- EMBRACE ADVENTURE. We don't always know where the road will lead, but we know that we'll have each other along the journey. We strive to learn and grow from our experiences, to create meaningful structure along the way and, in some cases, to embrace chaos when necessary.
- LOOK TOWARDS THE FUTURE. We work with a spirit of continuous improvement in all areas. We seek to provide a path of growth for all of our employees and for Bunkhouse as a whole.
See Inside the Office of Bunkhouse
With a passion for design, tireless attention to detail, and a commitment to creating authentic culture, Bunkhouse creates properties that have earned a unique place in the hearts and minds of those who visit. Bunkhouse has a reputation for building memorable experiences that offer more than just a good night's sleep and a great cup of coffee.
Back to top