Morning Cook & Server
About our Company:
Transformed from a 1930's ultra-modern motor court, Hotel San José is a 40 room urban bungalow-style hotel situated behind stucco walls amidst lush garden courtyards located on South Congress Avenue. Known as the quintessential Austin hotel experience, San José serves as a gathering place and community activity hub for locals and visitors alike with unique event programming (such the annual South x San Jose and Pet Parade) and nearby Jo's Coffee – Lambert's local coffee purveyor and coveted people-watching spot.
Bunkhouse is a hospitality company created by hotelier Liz Lambert that believes in inspired design, connection to place and the value of community. Bunkhouse has designed and developed a celebrated portfolio of hospitality projects including Hotel San José, Hotel Saint Cecilia, Austin Motel, and Jo's Coffee in Austin, Hotel Havana and Ocho in San Antonio, and El Cosmico in Marfa, Texas.
Job Description Summary
We are looking for someone who is interested in getting up early in the morning to make breakfast for our guests. This position starts at 6:45am in the morning. We are hoping to find someone that is willing to work weekends and holidays. Bunkhouse offers great benefits. Apply and lets talk more about the position.
A morning server and cook will exceed the expectations of all guests in a multitude of tasks that include, but are not limited to, food prep, food and beverage room delivery, ordering Room Service supplies, maintaining Health Department Standards within your work area, fulfilling guest requests and room amenity preparation.
This position is a very visible position. The person having this position must comply with the property's dress code, possess good communication skills, and have the ability to resolve conflict and posses a thorough understanding of Bunkhouse policies. All Bunkhouse employees are expected to greet all guests in close proximity and make each feel important by providing a genuine welcome. Furthermore, a Morning Server & Cook must develop and maintain the company's culture, values and reputation in the public eye, and with all staff, guests, vendors and partners.
Based upon fluctuating demands of the operation and to exceed customer expectations, it may be necessary to perform a multitude of different functions not specifically related to this position. This person may be expected to perform other tasks and duties as needed or as directed. Furthermore, employee responsibilities and job descriptions are subject to review and revision.
Essential Functions and Accountabilities
- Adhere to all standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, training material, memos and verbal instruction
- Maintain a high level of personal hygiene and adhere to dress code policies
- Responsible for the morning coffee service
- Deliver all Room Service requests in a confident, professional and friendly manner
- Prepare meal service accurately and efficiently
- Assist in the development and implementation of special projects
- Ensure immediate response is given to any and all guest comments and concerns and inform immediate supervisor of concerns and assist implementing corrective measure when necessary
- Maintain a positive relationship with all employees and guests
- Ensure all calls are answered in a courteous, professional and efficient manner
- Maintain an accurate log of guest calls for assistance or complaints.
- Open, secure and balance out shift banks to include the verification of all cash, credit card and room charge transactions during all shifts
- Maintain accuracy with all accounting and billing procedures
- Responsible for Minibar ordering, inventory, restock and billing
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness and safety in the work area
- Attend relevant meetings
Education & Experience:
High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Three (3) years related experience in hospitality or service industry preferred
Computer Proficiency: Microsoft Office
- Eye for Detail
Compensation & Benefits:
Bunkhouse offers competitive wages, a superior benefits and PTO package, and a liberal working environment that fosters individuality and creativity.
Bunkhouse Core Values:
- BE REAL. We treat everyone like human beings. We are respectful and authentic, we listen, and we develop meaningful relationships with guests, customers and each other. We encourage our employees to have a voice and to use it to improve the work we do.
- CREATE MAGIC. In design, service and all things, we go above and beyond to inspire. Every detail counts, and we believe that our work is a collaboration that depends on all of us bringing our creativity and passion to work with us every day.
- BE HERE NOW. In our work, creating a sense of place is important. We contribute to the fabric of our respective communities by honoring, representing and supporting the communities in which our businesses exist. We make it our goal to be experts on our cities, and we leave travelers with a sense of where they have been.
- EMBRACE ADVENTURE. We don't always know where the road will lead, but we know that we'll have each other along the journey. We strive to learn and grow from our experiences, to create meaningful structure along the way and, in some cases, to embrace chaos when necessary.
- LOOK TOWARDS THE FUTURE. We work with a spirit of continuous improvement in all areas. We seek to provide a path of growth for all of our employees and for Bunkhouse as a whole.
See Inside the Office of Bunkhouse
With a passion for design, tireless attention to detail, and a commitment to creating authentic culture, Bunkhouse creates properties that have earned a unique place in the hearts and minds of those who visit. Bunkhouse has a reputation for building memorable experiences that offer more than just a good night's sleep and a great cup of coffee.
Back to top