About our Company:
Located on a quiet stretch of San Antonio's River Walk, Hotel Havana is a 27 room historic property restored from a 1914 upscale residential hotel. Paying homage to its original spirit, all unique guest rooms and public spaces reflect a combination of Mediterranean Revival architecture, rich Spanish Colonial history, and calm Caribbean temperament, which has made Hotel Havana one of the most authentic places to stay in San Antonio. Hotel Havana also offers two distinct dining venues: Ocho, a glass-enclosed restaurant serving pan-Latin and San Antonio-fused cuisine with river views, along with Havana Bar, the downstairs cocktail lounge with velvet couches and antique leather club chairs.
Hotel Havana is proud to be a part of Bunkhouse, a hospitality company created by hotelier Liz Lambert that believes in inspired design, connection to place and the value of community. Bunkhouse has designed and developed a celebrated portfolio of hospitality projects including Hotel San José, Hotel Saint Cecilia, Austin Motel, and Jo's Coffee in Austin, Hotel Havana and Ocho in San Antonio, and El Cosmico in Marfa, Texas.
- Adhere to all standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, training material, memos and verbal instruction
- Maintain a high level of personal hygiene and adhere to dress code policies
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware
- Store food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage
- Prepare a variety of foods, including crepes to order, according to customers' orders or supervisors' instructions, following approved procedures
- Prepare and serve a variety of beverages such as coffee, tea, and soft drinks
- Bake or order breads, rolls, cakes, and pastries
- Prepare relishes and hors d'oeuvres
- Carry food supplies, equipment, and utensils to and from storage and work areas
- Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices
- Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking
- Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to waiters or patrons
- Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters
- Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption
- Estimate expected food consumption, requisition or purchase supplies, or procure food from storage
- Consult with supervisory staff to plan menus, taking into consideration factors such as costs and special event needs
- Prep food items for after hours distribution
- Coordinate the production of pastries
- Assist in the development and implementation of special projects
- Ensure immediate response is given to any and all guest comments and concerns and inform immediate supervisor of concerns and assist implementing corrective measure when necessary
- Maintain a positive relationship with all employees and guests
- Ensure open lines of communication with all departments and upper management at all times via email, log books, meetings, etc., to ensure all needs of the hotel are met
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness and safety in the work area
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained in good, safe working condition
- Maintain an increased awareness of safety issues throughout the property
- Keep abreast of safety and emergency procedures and OSHA requirements
- Attend relevant meetings
Education & Experience:
High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Three (3) years related experience in hospitality or service industry preferred
Computer Proficiency: Microsoft Office
- Eye for Detail
Compensation & Benefits:
Bunkhouse offers competitive wages, a superior benefits and PTO package, and a liberal working environment that fosters individuality and creativity.
Bunkhouse Core Values:
- BE REAL. We treat everyone like human beings. We are respectful and authentic, we listen, and we develop meaningful relationships with guests, customers and each other. We encourage our employees to have a voice and to use it to improve the work we do.
- CREATE MAGIC. In design, service and all things, we go above and beyond to inspire. Every detail counts, and we believe that our work is a collaboration that depends on all of us bringing our creativity and passion to work with us every day.
- BE HERE NOW. In our work, creating a sense of place is important. We contribute to the fabric of our respective communities by honoring, representing and supporting the communities in which our businesses exist. We make it our goal to be experts on our cities, and we leave travelers with a sense of where they have been.
- EMBRACE ADVENTURE. We don't always know where the road will lead, but we know that we'll have each other along the journey. We strive to learn and grow from our experiences, to create meaningful structure along the way and, in some cases, to embrace chaos when necessary.
- LOOK TOWARDS THE FUTURE. We work with a spirit of continuous improvement in all areas. We seek to provide a path of growth for all of our employees and for Bunkhouse as a whole.
See Inside the Office of Bunkhouse
With a passion for design, tireless attention to detail, and a commitment to creating authentic culture, Bunkhouse creates properties that have earned a unique place in the hearts and minds of those who visit. Bunkhouse has a reputation for building memorable experiences that offer more than just a good night's sleep and a great cup of coffee.
Back to top