Jo's Cook (S. Congress Burger Truck)
About our Company:
Jo's has a reputation for building memorable experiences that offer more than just a great cup of coffee. Passion for design, tireless attention to detail and a commitment to creating authentic culture have earned our properties a unique place in the hearts and minds of those who visit us. Our work is rooted in the communities in which we exist, and we believe above all else in creating an awareness of and connection to a sense of place in all that we do.
Jo's Coffee is proud to be a part of Bunkhouse, a hospitality company created by hotelier Liz Lambert that believes in inspired design, connection to place and the value of community. Bunkhouse has designed and developed a celebrated portfolio of hospitality projects including Hotel San José, Hotel Saint Cecilia, Austin Motel, and Jo's Coffee in Austin, Hotel Havana and Ocho in San Antonio, and El Cosmico in Marfa, Texas.
Prepare a variety of foods, including burgers to order, according to customers' orders or supervisors' instructions, following approved procedures
Prepare and serve a variety of beverages such as coffee, tea, and soft drinks
Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to patrons
Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience
Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware
Store food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage
- Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices
Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking
Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils
Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment
Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters
Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption
Estimate expected food consumption, requisition or purchase supplies, or procure food from storage
Assist in the development and implementation of special projects
Ensure immediate response is given to any and all guest comments and concerns and inform immediate supervisor of concerns and assist implementing corrective measure when necessary
- Maintain a positive relationship with all employees and guests
16.Ensure open lines of communication with all departments and upper management at all times via email, log books, meetings, etc., to ensure all needs of the food truck are met
Maintain a high level of cleanliness and safety in the work area
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained in good, safe working condition
Education & Experience:
High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Two (2) years related experience in hospitality or service industry preferred
- Eye for Detail
Compensation & Benefits:
Bunkhouse offers competitive wages, a superior benefits and PTO package, and a liberal working environment that fosters individuality and creativity.
Bunkhouse Core Values:
- BE REAL. We treat everyone like human beings. We are respectful and authentic, we listen, and we develop meaningful relationships with guests, customers and each other. We encourage our employees to have a voice and to use it to improve the work we do.
- CREATE MAGIC. In design, service and all things, we go above and beyond to inspire. Every detail counts, and we believe that our work is a collaboration that depends on all of us bringing our creativity and passion to work with us every day.
- BE HERE NOW. In our work, creating a sense of place is important. We contribute to the fabric of our respective communities by honoring, representing and supporting the communities in which our businesses exist. We make it our goal to be experts on our cities, and we leave travelers with a sense of where they have been.
- EMBRACE ADVENTURE. We don't always know where the road will lead, but we know that we'll have each other along the journey. We strive to learn and grow from our experiences, to create meaningful structure along the way and, in some cases, to embrace chaos when necessary.
- LOOK TOWARDS THE FUTURE. We work with a spirit of continuous improvement in all areas. We seek to provide a path of growth for all of our employees and for Bunkhouse as a whole.
See Inside the Office of Bunkhouse
With a passion for design, tireless attention to detail, and a commitment to creating authentic culture, Bunkhouse creates properties that have earned a unique place in the hearts and minds of those who visit. Bunkhouse has a reputation for building memorable experiences that offer more than just a good night's sleep and a great cup of coffee.
Back to top