About our Company:
Bunkhouse is a hospitality company created by hotelier Liz Lambert that believes in inspired design, connection to place and the value of community. Bunkhouse has designed and developed a celebrated portfolio of hospitality projects including Hotel San José, Hotel Saint Cecilia, Austin Motel, and Jo’s Coffee in Austin, Hotel Havana and Ocho in San Antonio, and El Cosmico in Marfa, Texas.
The first international property for Liz Lambert’s Bunkhouse group, Hotel San Cristóbal Punta Lobos is a 32-room beachfront boutique hotel on the coast of Todos Santos, Baja California Sur. The property, designed by renowned Texas architecture firm Lake | Flato in collaboration with Bunkhouse, overlooks picturesque Punta Lobos and the Sierra de la Laguna Mountains, with rooms and common areas that offer an indoor/outdoor experience connecting guests to the majestic surrounding landscape of Southern Baja. In addition to reflecting Bunkhouse’s celebrated design aesthetic, Hotel San Cristóbal Punta Lobos seeks to integrate and celebrate local culture rather than isolate itself like many hotels in Mexico – it overlooks the daily activity of the local panga fishing cooperatives and is connected to the town of Todos Santos by a 3-mile bike path. In-room amenities and the hotels ‘ retail program will feature local and Mexican materials and products and t he hotel’s restaurant Benno will feature fresh fish sourced locally, as well as a bounty of produce that the area is famous for in a casual setting overlooking the ocean. Hotel San Cristobal Punta Lobos will also offer a perfect backdrop for landmark life events and celebrations in its beachfront chapel or in the antique abalone cannery adjacent to the hotel.
1. Adhere to all standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, training material, memos and verbal instruction
2. Ensure all employees adhere to dress code policies for their scheduled shift
3. Resolve customer complaints regarding Housekeeping operations
4. Inspect all guest rooms and ensure each passes Bunkhouse standards
5. Develop departmental objectives, budgets, policies, procedures and strategies
6. Train and supervise Housekeeping staff
7. Schedule Housekeeping, Laundry and Public Space Attendant hours and assign duties and responsibilities in accordance with work requirements
8. Demonstrate a working understanding of labor cost control through effective scheduling and proactive management
9. Establish cost improvement objectives and implement action plans
10. Implement inventory standards and procedures to consistently conduct an accurate inventory
11. Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding lodging facilities
12. Evaluate new products for usefulness and sustainability
13. Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs
14. Analyze operational problems, such as theft and wastage, and establish procedures to alleviate these problems
15. Perform personnel actions such as hiring and firing staff, consulting with other managers as necessary
16. Ensure staff has a complete understanding of their job requirements and sufficient training before holding them accountable for results
17. Hold staff accountable for their job performance through regular performance evaluations
18. Maintain awareness of documentation needed and retained in employee files
19. Ensure open lines of communication with staff, all departments and upper management at all times via email, log books, meetings, etc., to ensure all needs of the hotel are met
20. Maintain a high level of cleanliness and safety in the work area
21. Ensure that all equipment is maintained in good, safe working condition
22. Maintain an increased awareness of safety issues throughout the property
23. Attend relevant meetings
Education, Experience & Requirements:
1. High School diploma or general education degree (GED). College Degree preferred
2. Five (5) years related experience in hospitality or service industry
3. Mexican citizenship or work visa for Mexico required
1. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
2. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
3. Ability to speak effectively before groups of co-workers and staff
4. Ability to create documents in Excel and Word
5. Ability to understand other computer programs (i.e. Property Management System)
6. Ability to apply concepts of math including: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and algebra, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
7. Excellent verbal, electronic and personal communication skills
8. Customer Service
9. Positive Attitude
Compensation & Benefits:
Bunkhouse offers competitive wages, a superior benefits and PTO package, and a liberal working environment that fosters individuality and creativity.
Bunkhouse Core Values:
BE REAL. We treat everyone like human beings. We are respectful and authentic, we listen, and we develop meaningful relationships with guests, customers and each other. We encourage our employees to have a voice and to use it to improve the work we do.
CREATE MAGIC. In design, service and all things, we go above and beyond to inspire. Every detail counts, and we believe that our work is a collaboration that depends on all of us bringing our creativity and passion to work with us every day.
BE HERE NOW. In our work, creating a sense of place is important. We contribute to the fabric of our respective communities by honoring, representing and supporting the communities in which our businesses exist. We make it our goal to be experts on our cities, and we leave travelers with a sense of where they have been.
EMBRACE ADVENTURE. We don’t always know where the road will lead, but we know that we’ll have each other along the journey. We strive to learn and grow from our experiences, to create meaningful structure along the way and, in some cases, to embrace chaos when necessary.
LOOK TOWARDS THE FUTURE. We work with a spirit of continuous improvement in all areas. We seek to provide a path of growth for all of our employees and for Bunkhouse as a whole.
See Inside the Office of Bunkhouse
With a passion for design, tireless attention to detail, and a commitment to creating authentic culture, Bunkhouse creates properties that have earned a unique place in the hearts and minds of those who visit. Bunkhouse has a reputation for building memorable experiences that offer more than just a good night's sleep and a great cup of coffee.
Back to top