About our Company:
Located on a quiet stretch of San Antonio’s River Walk, Hotel Havana is a 27 room historic property restored from a 1914 upscale residential hotel. Paying homage to its original spirit, all unique guest rooms and public spaces reflect a combination of Mediterranean Revival architecture, rich Spanish Colonial history, and calm Caribbean temperament, which has made Hotel Havana one of the most authentic places to stay in San Antonio. Hotel Havana also offers two distinct dining venues: Ocho, a glass-enclosed restaurant serving pan-Latin and San Antonio-fused cuisine with river views, along with Havana Bar, the downstairs cocktail lounge with velvet couches and antique leather club chairs.
Hotel Havana is proud to be a part of Bunkhouse, a hospitality company created by hotelier Liz Lambert that believes in inspired design, connection to place and the value of community. Bunkhouse has designed and developed a celebrated portfolio of hospitality projects including Hotel San José, Hotel Saint Cecilia, Austin Motel, and Jo’s Coffee in Austin, Hotel Havana and Ocho in San Antonio, and El Cosmico in Marfa, Texas.
1. Adhere to all standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos and oral instructions
2. Responsible for completing an in-room checklist for each room your are assigned to
3. Maintain a high level of personal hygiene and adhere to dress code policies
4. Notify Housekeeping Supervisor and/or immediate supervisor about any guest rooms that need to be placed out of order for maintenance concerns
5. Responsible for cleaning of guest rooms, public spaces, exteriors and Back of House daily
6. Continually maintain inventory of linens, cleaning supplies and guest amenities to ensure adequate supplies in accordance with established par levels and timeframe
7. Maintain the storage rooms with at least one (1) par clean at all times
8. Report and correct any deficiencies noted in guest rooms or public areas to the appropriate individuals
9. Assist in the timely completion of all projects including mattress rotation, window washing, deep cleanings, etc.
10. Assist in implementation of special projects
11. Maintain a positive relationship with employees and guests
12. Maintain constant communication between all departments (i.e. room status)
13. Promote and encourage guest name recognition at all times
14. Possess knowledge of all guest services and amenities
15. Ensure all calls are answered in a courteous, professional and efficient manner
16. Maintain a high level of cleanliness and safety in the work area
17. Maintain an increased awareness of safety issues throughout the property
18. Keep abreast of safety and OSHA requirements
19. Be familiar with all safety and emergency procedures
20. Attend all relevant meetings
Education & Experience:
1. High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
2. Three (3) years related experience in hospitality or service industry preferred
1. Communication Proficiency
2. Ethical Conduct
3. Problem Solving/Analysis
5. Customer Service
6. Positive Attitude
7. Eye for Detail
Compensation & Benefits:
Bunkhouse offers competitive wages, a superior benefits and PTO package, and a liberal working environment that fosters individuality and creativity.
Bunkhouse Core Values:
- BE REAL. We treat everyone like human beings. We are respectful and authentic, we listen, and we develop meaningful relationships with guests, customers and each other. We encourage our employees to have a voice and to use it to improve the work we do.
- CREATE MAGIC. In design, service and all things, we go above and beyond to inspire. Every detail counts, and we believe that our work is a collaboration that depends on all of us bringing our creativity and passion to work with us every day.
- BE HERE NOW. In our work, creating a sense of place is important. We contribute to the fabric of our respective communities by honoring, representing and supporting the communities in which our businesses exist. We make it our goal to be experts on our cities, and we leave travelers with a sense of where they have been.
- EMBRACE ADVENTURE. We don’t always know where the road will lead, but we know that we’ll have each other along the journey. We strive to learn and grow from our experiences, to create meaningful structure along the way and, in some cases, to embrace chaos when necessary.
- LOOK TOWARDS THE FUTURE. We work with a spirit of continuous improvement in all areas. We seek to provide a path of growth for all of our employees and for Bunkhouse as a whole.
See Inside the Office of Bunkhouse
With a passion for design, tireless attention to detail, and a commitment to creating authentic culture, Bunkhouse creates properties that have earned a unique place in the hearts and minds of those who visit. Bunkhouse has a reputation for building memorable experiences that offer more than just a good night's sleep and a great cup of coffee.
Back to top