Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for the cleanliness throughout the property including guest rooms, public areas, Back of House, exterior public space, and linens. Housekeepers are also responsible for the restock of in-room guest amenities and must ensure a thorough inventory control of these products. This position will follow the policies, standards and guidelines established by Bunkhouse, the Department of Health, and any other applicable government agencies.
This position is a very visible position. The person having this position must comply with Bunkhouse dress code policies, possess good communication skills, have the ability to resolve conflict and have a thorough understanding of company/guest policies, procedures and expectations. All Bunkhouse employees are expected to greet all guests in close proximity and make each feel important by providing a genuine welcome. Furthermore, a Housekeeper has the responsibility of developing and maintaining the hotel’s culture, values and reputation in the public eye, and with all staff, guests, vendors and partners. Housekeeper s must promote the Bunkhouse Vision in all actions and decisions and are accountable to the overall team.
Based upon fluctuating demands of the operation and to exceed customer expectations, it may be necessary to perform a multitude of different functions not specifically related to this position. This person may be expected to perform other tasks and duties as needed or as directed. Furthermore, employee responsibilities and job descriptions are subject to review and revision.
Essential Functions and Accountabilities
- Adhere to all standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos and oral instructions
- Responsible for completing an in-room checklist for each room your are assigned to
- Maintain a high level of personal hygiene and adhere to dress code policies
- Notify Housekeeping Supervisor and/or immediate supervisor about any guest rooms that need to be placed out of order for maintenance concerns
- Responsible for cleaning of guest rooms, public spaces, exteriors and Back of House daily
- Continually maintain inventory of linens, cleaning supplies and guest amenities to ensure adequate supplies in accordance with established par levels and timeframe
- Maintain the storage rooms with at least one (1) par clean at all times
- Report and correct any deficiencies noted in guest rooms or public areas to the appropriate individuals
- Assist in the timely completion of all projects including mattress rotation, window washing, deep cleanings, etc.
- Assist in implementation of special projects
- Maintain a positive relationship with employees and guests
- Maintain constant communication between all departments (i.e. room status)
- Promote and encourage guest name recognition at all times
- Possess knowledge of all guest services and amenities
- Ensure all calls are answered in a courteous, professional and efficient manner
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness and safety in the work area
- Maintain an increased awareness of safety issues throughout the property
- Keep abreast of safety and OSHA requirements
- Be familiar with all safety and emergency procedures
- Attend all relevant meetings
See Inside the Office of Bunkhouse
With a passion for design, tireless attention to detail, and a commitment to creating authentic culture, Bunkhouse creates properties that have earned a unique place in the hearts and minds of those who visit. Bunkhouse has a reputation for building memorable experiences that offer more than just a good night's sleep and a great cup of coffee.
Back to top