We are seeking a full-time housekeeper for 4 or 5 days a week. Responsibilities include daily cleaning of all hotel rooms, and assisting all staff members in basic cleaning and detailing responsibilities. Must be able to lift at lest 25 lbs on a regular basis. Experience a plus. Weekend shifts a must.
About Our Company:
Bunkhouse is a hospitality company created by hotelier Liz Lambert that believes in inspired design, connection to place and the value of community. Bunkhouse has designed and developed a celebrated portfolio of hospitality projects including Austin Motel, Hotel Saint Cecilia, and Jo’s Coffee in Austin, Hotel Havana and Ocho in San Antonio, and El Cosmico in Marfa, Texas.
We are seeking to fill a Housekeeping position at the Hotel San Jose located in the heart of South Congress.
- Adhere to all standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, training material, memos and verbal instruction
- Complete all shift checklist items
- Notify Housekeeping Supervisor and/or immediate supervisor about any guest rooms that need to be placed out of order for maintenance concerns
- Responsible for cleaning of guest rooms, public spaces, exteriors and Back of House daily
- Continually maintain inventory of linens, cleaning supplies and guest amenities to ensure adequate supplies in accordance with established par levels and timeframe
- Maintain the storage rooms with at least one (1) par clean at all times
- Report and correct any deficiencies noted in guest rooms or public areas to the appropriate individuals
- Assist in the timely completion of all projects including mattress rotation, window washing, deep cleanings, etc.
- Assist in implementation of special projects
- Maintain a positive relationship with employees and guests
- Maintain constant communication between all departments (i.e. room status)
- Promote and encourage guest name recognition at all times
- Possess knowledge of all guest services and amenities
- Ensure all calls are answered in a courteous, professional and efficient manner
- Ensure open lines of communication with all departments and upper management at all times via email, log books, meetings, etc., to ensure all needs of the hotel are met.
Desired Skills and Experience:
Two (2) years experience in the hospitality or service industry.
Compensation & Benefits:
Bunkhouse offers competitive wages, a superior benefits and PTO package, and a liberal working environment that fosters individuality and creativity
See Inside the Office of Bunkhouse
With a passion for design, tireless attention to detail, and a commitment to creating authentic culture, Bunkhouse creates properties that have earned a unique place in the hearts and minds of those who visit. Bunkhouse has a reputation for building memorable experiences that offer more than just a good night's sleep and a great cup of coffee.
Back to top