About our Company:
Operating as a motel since 1938, Austin Motel is a beloved, quintessential part of the city's history, sitting in the heart of South Congress' famed strip of restaurants, clubs, and shops. The 1930's motor court property, includes 41 guest rooms, a 50's-style outdoor pool and sun deck, community and cultural programming and a renegade-style retail shop to the lobby, all set amidst the original midcentury architecture.
Bunkhouse is a hospitality company created by hotelier Liz Lambert that believes in inspired design, connection to place and the value of community. Bunkhouse has designed and developed a celebrated portfolio of hospitality projects including Hotel San José, Hotel Saint Cecilia, Austin Motel, and Jo's Coffee in Austin, Hotel Havana and Ocho in San Antonio, and El Cosmico in Marfa, Texas.
- Adhere to all standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, training material, memos and verbal instruction
- Complete all shift checklist items
- Notify Housekeeping Supervisor and/or immediate supervisor about any guest rooms that need to be placed out of order for maintenance concerns
- Responsible for cleaning of guest rooms, public spaces, exteriors and Back of House daily
- Continually maintain inventory of linens, cleaning supplies and guest amenities to ensure adequate supplies in accordance with established par levels and timeframe
- Maintain the storage rooms with at least one (1) par clean at all times
- Report and correct any deficiencies noted in guest rooms or public areas to the appropriate individuals
- Assist in the timely completion of all projects including mattress rotation, window washing, deep cleanings, etc.
- Assist in implementation of special projects
- Maintain a positive relationship with employees and guests
- Maintain constant communication between all departments (i.e. room status)
- Promote and encourage guest name recognition at all times
- Possess knowledge of all guest services and amenities
- Ensure all calls are answered in a courteous, professional and efficient manner
- Ensure open lines of communication with all departments and upper management at all times via email, log books, meetings, etc., to ensure all needs of the hotel are met.
Education & Experience:
- Two (2) years experience in the hospitality or service industry.
Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) of the workplace
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures manuals
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees or guests
Compensation & Benefits:
Bunkhouse offers competitive wages, a superior benefits and PTO package, and a liberal working environment that fosters individuality and creativity.
Bunkhouse Core Values:
- BE REAL. We treat everyone like human beings. We are respectful and authentic, we listen, and we develop meaningful relationships with guests, customers and each other. We encourage our employees to have a voice and to use it to improve the work we do.
- CREATE MAGIC. In design, service and all things, we go above and beyond to inspire. Every detail counts, and we believe that our work is a collaboration that depends on all of us bringing our creativity and passion to work with us every day.
- BE HERE NOW. In our work, creating a sense of place is important. We contribute to the fabric of our respective communities by honoring, representing and supporting the communities in which our businesses exist. We make it our goal to be experts on our cities, and we leave travelers with a sense of where they have been.
- EMBRACE ADVENTURE. We don't always know where the road will lead, but we know that we'll have each other along the journey. We strive to learn and grow from our experiences, to create meaningful structure along the way and, in some cases, to embrace chaos when necessary.
- LOOK TOWARDS THE FUTURE. We work with a spirit of continuous improvement in all areas. We seek to provide a path of growth for all of our employees and for Bunkhouse as a whole
See Inside the Office of Bunkhouse
With a passion for design, tireless attention to detail, and a commitment to creating authentic culture, Bunkhouse creates properties that have earned a unique place in the hearts and minds of those who visit. Bunkhouse has a reputation for building memorable experiences that offer more than just a good night's sleep and a great cup of coffee.
Back to top