About our Company:
Inspired by the patron saint of music and designed with 1960s and 1970s artists in mind, Hotel Saint Cecilia offers a retro, glamorous private haven mixed with Southern hospitality. Both eclectic and elegant, Saint Cecilia’s 14 striking yet unique accommodations are scattered throughout the estate, and feature a cohesive combination of antiques, modern furniture, and original artwork with outdoor lounge spaces. Minutes from downtown Austin, Saint Cecilia is located in the heart of a South Congress neighborhood where guests and members look forward to lounging at the heated pool under the glow of the now iconic “SOUL” sign.
Hotel Saint Cecilia is proud to be a part of Bunkhouse, a hospitality company created by hotelier Liz Lambert that believes in inspired design, connection to place and the value of community. Bunkhouse has designed and developed a celebrated portfolio of hospitality projects including Hotel San José, Hotel Saint Cecilia, Austin Motel, and Jo’s Coffee in Austin, Hotel Havana and Ocho in San Antonio, and El Cosmico in Marfa, Texas.
1. Accountable for appropriate administration and controls involving operating and bank accounts
2. Accountable for the timely completion of any projects as requested
3. Comply with Bunkhouse purchasing and invoice procedures
4. Comply with Bunkhouse invoice procedures
5. Coordinate contract services relevant to specific area of responsibility
6. Develop a continuous five-year capital improvement plan for operations
7. Ensure that all accounting standards are adhered to
8. Implement and adhere to the Bunkhouse Standard Operating Procedures for all departments
9. Serve as the liaison between your property and the Bunkhouse VP of Operations
10. Maintain an accurate and current filing system
11. Maintain appropriate databases
12. Manage expenditures from the Annual Operating Budget and Capital Reserve Budget
13. Monitor and manage the guest billing and collection procedures including delinquency, suspension, etc.
14. Initiate, implement, understand and analyze accounting procedures to include: labor forecasts, inventory procedures, financial forecasting, annual budgeting procedures, capital expenditures, payroll and month-end analysis
15. Review payroll records for appropriate personnel
16. Implement policies and procedures involving severe weather, safety and fire
17. Responsible for planning, documenting, implementing and monitoring department training programs
1. Ability to communicate in English effectively
2. Attend all relevant meetings
3. Communicate and interact with each employee, guest, investors and Bunkhouse Management team members with courtesy, dignity and respect while maintaining a consistent professional demeanor
4. Ensure all calls are answered in a courteous and professional manner
5. Ensure follow-up to guest comments and comment card responses via telephone/email and provide follow-up documentation within five (5) business days
6. Initiate and maintain effective positive communication between guests and personnel
7. Maintain an “Open Door” communication policy for personnel and guests
8. Maintain contact with trade associates, professional organizations and industry publications for improvement of procedures and new technical advances
9. Organize and conduct staff meetings
1. Responsible for interviewing, selecting, training, guiding and managing personnel
2. Ensure Bunkhouse recruiting and onboarding procedures are adhered to
3. Ensure all employees are in appropriate uniform and attire for their scheduled shift
4. Maintain an increased awareness of safety issues
5. Maintain and monitor effective personnel relations in a supportive, confidential environment
6. Maintain job descriptions, postings, personnel evaluations, pertinent telephone listings and benefit communication
7. Implement labor standards and tailor job description templates to specific property
8. Develop a property-specific orientation and implement both property and corporate orientations
9. Administer and train on progressive discipline policies and procedures
10. Responsible for performance evaluations and setting annual goals for personnel
1. Ensure that all staff is delivering the levels of service in accordance with the Bunkhouse standard operating procedures
2. Have a thorough understanding involving the maintenance of the property
3. Maintain property exteriors and public spaces and conduct daily inspections
4. Adhere to all written mandatory policies and procedures, manuals, memos and oral instructions
5. Oversee project completion for preventative maintenance, deep cleaning and special projects, work with general contractor, ownership and architect to oversee and direct the hotel’s master plan
6. Review project in detail to ensure deliverables and cost estimates are within budget and on time, work with accounting department to manage construction account, draws and payments
7. Oversee all onsite construction to monitor progress, and submit daily or weekly construction update reports to ownership and architects and coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors and general contractors
8. Ensure the successful execution of all property events and festivals as needed
9. Maintain Membership program & relationships with current and potential members
10. Manage expansion projects & associated budgets
11. Oversee planning and pricing of all menus items
12. Have a thorough understanding of services, amenities and offerings
13. Maintain accurate records and files of Bunkhouse Programs
14. Maintain current knowledge of all activities and events in the surrounding areas
15. Oversee the entire guest experience, from pre-arrival through departure
16. Promote and encourage guest name recognition at all times
17. Responsible for reviewing, understanding and following up on hotel guest needs
18. Coordinate and monitor contract services to ensure performance and productivity involving special projects and daily maintenance of grounds and guest rooms to meet guest expectations
19. Coordinate par level and stock of all inventory items
20. Coordinate the weekly work schedule of all personnel
21. Ensure safety equipment, fire extinguishers, first aid kits, etc. are inspected and in good working condition
22. Ensure that all equipment within area of responsibility is maintained in good working condition
23. Keep abreast of safety and emergency procedures and OSHA requirements
Education & Experience:
1. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in related or closely related field; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Five (5) years of hospitality operations management required
1. Financial Management
2. Performance Management
3. Business Acumen
4. Communication Proficiency
5. Ethical Conduct
7. Problem Solving/Analysis
8. Strategic Thinking
9. Computer Proficiency: Microsoft Office
10. Customer Service
11. Eye for Detail
12. Positive Attitude
Compensation & Benefits:
Bunkhouse offers competitive wages, a superior benefits and PTO package, and a liberal working environment that fosters individuality and creativity.
Bunkhouse Core Values:
- BE REAL. We treat everyone like human beings. We are respectful and authentic, we listen, and we develop meaningful relationships with guests, customers and each other. We encourage our employees to have a voice and to use it to improve the work we do.
- CREATE MAGIC. In design, service and all things, we go above and beyond to inspire. Every detail counts, and we believe that our work is a collaboration that depends on all of us bringing our creativity and passion to work with us every day.
- BE HERE NOW. In our work, creating a sense of place is important. We contribute to the fabric of our respective communities by honoring, representing and supporting the communities in which our businesses exist. We make it our goal to be experts on our cities, and we leave travelers with a sense of where they have been.
- EMBRACE ADVENTURE. We don’t always know where the road will lead, but we know that we’ll have each other along the journey. We strive to learn and grow from our experiences, to create meaningful structure along the way and, in some cases, to embrace chaos when necessary.
- LOOK TOWARDS THE FUTURE. We work with a spirit of continuous improvement in all areas. We seek to provide a path of growth for all of our employees and for Bunkhouse as a whole.
See Inside the Office of Bunkhouse
With a passion for design, tireless attention to detail, and a commitment to creating authentic culture, Bunkhouse creates properties that have earned a unique place in the hearts and minds of those who visit. Bunkhouse has a reputation for building memorable experiences that offer more than just a good night's sleep and a great cup of coffee.
Back to top