Full time Maintenance Person
About our Company:
Inspired by the patron saint of music and designed with 1960s and 1970s artists in mind, Hotel Saint Cecilia offers a retro, glamorous private haven mixed with Southern hospitality. Both eclectic and elegant, Saint Cecilia's 14 striking yet unique accommodations are scattered throughout the estate, and feature a cohesive combination of antiques, modern furniture, and original artwork with outdoor lounge spaces. Minutes from downtown Austin, Saint Cecilia is located in the heart of a South Congress neighborhood where guests and members look forward to lounging at the heated pool under the glow of the now iconic "SOUL" sign.
Hotel Saint Cecilia is proud to be a part of Bunkhouse, a hospitality company created by hotelier Liz Lambert that believes in inspired design, connection to place and the value of community. Bunkhouse has designed and developed a celebrated portfolio of hospitality projects including Hotel San José, Hotel Saint Cecilia, Austin Motel, and Jo's Coffee in Austin, Hotel Havana and Ocho in San Antonio, and El Cosmico in Marfa, Texas.
- Adheres to all standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, training material, memos and verbal instruction
- Communicates with Front Desk staff, Maintenance Manager, and/or the General Manager regarding grounds related problems or issues that need immediate attention
- Performs daily inspection of property for maintenance issues
- Responsible for training new staff members
- Cleans and maintains all exterior landscape lighting
- Performs necessary room touch-ups and repairs – including furniture, fixtures, basic electrical, basic plumbing and HVAC system repair
- Helps the Maintenance Manager ensure the property passes all city, safety and ADA codes
- Performs all regularly scheduled maintenance operations (filters, paint, updates, furniture change-out, etc.)
- Maintains all equipment/tools; report condition of all equipment/tools and notify General Manager when broken, lost, etc
- Responsible for offsite maintenance and landscaping purchasing
- Maintains organization and cleanliness of warehouse area
- Coordinates special projects with other managers and staff
- Communicates with Housekeeping staff regarding room cleanliness/condition
- Responsible for the maintenance of company vehicles
- Assists other staff when needed
- Problem-solve and implements methods to improve department
Education & Experience:
High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One year related experience in hospitality or service industry preferred.
Computer Proficiency: Microsoft Office
- Eye for Detail
Compensation & Benefits:
Bunkhouse offers competitive wages, a superior benefits and PTO package, and a liberal working environment that fosters individuality and creativity.
Bunkhouse Core Values:
- BE REAL. We treat everyone like human beings. We are respectful and authentic, we listen, and we develop meaningful relationships with guests, customers and each other. We encourage our employees to have a voice and to use it to improve the work we do.
- CREATE MAGIC. In design, service and all things, we go above and beyond to inspire. Every detail counts, and we believe that our work is a collaboration that depends on all of us bringing our creativity and passion to work with us every day.
- BE HERE NOW. In our work, creating a sense of place is important. We contribute to the fabric of our respective communities by honoring, representing and supporting the communities in which our businesses exist. We make it our goal to be experts on our cities, and we leave travelers with a sense of where they have been.
- EMBRACE ADVENTURE. We don't always know where the road will lead, but we know that we'll have each other along the journey. We strive to learn and grow from our experiences, to create meaningful structure along the way and, in some cases, to embrace chaos when necessary.
- LOOK TOWARDS THE FUTURE. We work with a spirit of continuous improvement in all areas. We seek to provide a path of growth for all of our employees and for Bunkhouse as a whole.
See Inside the Office of Bunkhouse
With a passion for design, tireless attention to detail, and a commitment to creating authentic culture, Bunkhouse creates properties that have earned a unique place in the hearts and minds of those who visit. Bunkhouse has a reputation for building memorable experiences that offer more than just a good night's sleep and a great cup of coffee.
Back to top