About our Company:
El Cosmico is proud to be a part of Bunkhouse, a hospitality company created by hotelier Liz Lambert that believes in inspired design, connection to place and the value of community. Bunkhouse has designed and developed a celebrated portfolio of hospitality projects including Hotel San José, Hotel Saint Cecilia, Austin Motel, and Jo’s Coffee in Austin, Hotel Havana and Ocho in San Antonio, and El Cosmico in Marfa, Texas.
Located on 21-acres of desert campground, El Cosmico is a community-lodging concept where guests sleep in vintage trailers, Sioux-style tepees, and safari tents on the edge of Marfa, Texas. With a “get your hands dirty” philosophy, Lambert brought to life a communal space that cultivates artistic engagement through regular on-site creative workshops and annual Trans-Pecos Festival of Music + Love, as well as back-to-basic activities (including stargazing). Providing a temporary retreat from the modern world, El Cosmico offers unique camping accommodations intermixed with common spaces dispersed throughout the grounds, from a hammock grove to an outdoor kitchen + dining area to a community lounge + mercantile, all with limited to no WiFi. The lobby and online store, El Cosmico Provision Company, offers an array of eccentric supplies for camping and living, reflecting El Cosmico’s distinct style.
1. Plan and lead the creation and design of property events
2. Implement systems to monitor and manage the organization, implementation and execution of property events
3. Develop departmental objectives, budgets, policies, procedures and strategies
4. Train and supervise events staff
5. Meet with potential customers to offer event planning services and space
6. Meet with customers to discuss menus for special occasions such as weddings, parties and banquets
7. Coordinate menu, staff, event location, event rentals, and other event needs with necessary departments
8. Book event reservations accurately
9. Ensure event revenue is collected properly
10. Schedule all events staff and assign duties and responsibilities in accordance with work requirements
Education & Experience:
1. High School diploma or general education degree (GED). College Degree preferred
2. Two (2) years related experience in hospitality or service industry
1. Customer service
2. Communication proficiency
3. Project management
4. Eye for detail
5. Ethical conduct
6. Positive attitude
Compensation & Benefits:
Bunkhouse offers competitive wages, a superior benefits and PTO package, and a liberal working environment that fosters individuality and creativity.
Bunkhouse Core Values:
- BE REAL. We treat everyone like human beings. We are respectful and authentic, we listen, and we develop meaningful relationships with guests, customers and each other. We encourage our employees to have a voice and to use it to improve the work we do.
- CREATE MAGIC. In design, service and all things, we go above and beyond to inspire. Every detail counts, and we believe that our work is a collaboration that depends on all of us bringing our creativity and passion to work with us every day.
- BE HERE NOW. In our work, creating a sense of place is important. We contribute to the fabric of our respective communities by honoring, representing and supporting the communities in which our businesses exist. We make it our goal to be experts on our cities, and we leave travelers with a sense of where they have been.
- EMBRACE ADVENTURE. We don’t always know where the road will lead, but we know that we’ll have each other along the journey. We strive to learn and grow from our experiences, to create meaningful structure along the way and, in some cases, to embrace chaos when necessary.
- LOOK TOWARDS THE FUTURE. We work with a spirit of continuous improvement in all areas. We seek to provide a path of growth for all of our employees and for Bunkhouse as a whole.
See Inside the Office of Bunkhouse
With a passion for design, tireless attention to detail, and a commitment to creating authentic culture, Bunkhouse creates properties that have earned a unique place in the hearts and minds of those who visit. Bunkhouse has a reputation for building memorable experiences that offer more than just a good night's sleep and a great cup of coffee.
Back to top