Barista (Jo's St. Edward's)
About our Company:
Jo’s has a reputation for building memorable experiences that offer more than just a great cup of coffee. Passion for design, tireless attention to detail and a commitment to creating authentic culture have earned our properties a unique place in the hearts and minds of those who visit us. Our work is rooted in the communities in which we exist, and we believe above all else in creating an awareness of and connection to a sense of place in all that we do.
Jo’s Coffee is proud to be a part of Bunkhouse, a hospitality company created by hotelier Liz Lambert that believes in inspired design, connection to place and the value of community. Bunkhouse has designed and developed a celebrated portfolio of hospitality projects including Hotel San José, Hotel Saint Cecilia, Austin Motel, and Jo’s Coffee in Austin, Hotel Havana and Ocho in San Antonio, and El Cosmico in Marfa, Texas
1. Adhere to all standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, training material, memos and verbal instruction
2. Respect fellow employees, customers and the work environment
3. Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients
4. Take orders from patrons for food or beverage, and prepare the item to specification
5. Gain knowledge of the Point of Sale (POS) system so that each transaction performed is accurate
6. Restock items using the system First-in, First-out (FIFO)
7. Check invoices for accuracy as deliveries arrive at Jo’s
8. Clean during and at the end of each shift, according to the side-work assigned
9. Ensure open lines of communication with all departments and upper management at all times via phone, email, log books, and attending meetings to ensure all needs of the workplace are met
10. Communicate time-off requests with the shift cover book and confirm schedule with management before taking time-off
11. Maintain a high level of cleanliness and safety in the work area
12. Ensure that all equipment is maintained in good, safe working condition
13. Maintain an increased awareness of safety issues throughout the property
14. Give excellent customer service to each patron
Education & Experience:
1. High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
2. Two (2) years related experience in hospitality or service industry preferred
1. Communication Proficiency
2. Ethical Conduct
3. Leadership Potential
4. Problem Solving/Analysis
5. Computer Proficiency: Microsoft Office
6. Customer Service
7. Positive Attitude
8. Eye for Detail
Compensation & Benefits:
Bunkhouse offers competitive wages, a superior benefits and PTO package, and a liberal working environment that fosters individuality and creativity.
Bunkhouse Core Values:
- BE REAL. We treat everyone like human beings. We are respectful and authentic, we listen, and we develop meaningful relationships with guests, customers and each other. We encourage our employees to have a voice and to use it to improve the work we do.
- CREATE MAGIC. In design, service and all things, we go above and beyond to inspire. Every detail counts, and we believe that our work is a collaboration that depends on all of us bringing our creativity and passion to work with us every day.
- BE HERE NOW. In our work, creating a sense of place is important. We contribute to the fabric of our respective communities by honoring, representing and supporting the communities in which our businesses exist. We make it our goal to be experts on our cities, and we leave travelers with a sense of where they have been.
- EMBRACE ADVENTURE. We don’t always know where the road will lead, but we know that we’ll have each other along the journey. We strive to learn and grow from our experiences, to create meaningful structure along the way and, in some cases, to embrace chaos when necessary.
- LOOK TOWARDS THE FUTURE. We work with a spirit of continuous improvement in all areas. We seek to provide a path of growth for all of our employees and for Bunkhouse as a whole.
See Inside the Office of Bunkhouse
With a passion for design, tireless attention to detail, and a commitment to creating authentic culture, Bunkhouse creates properties that have earned a unique place in the hearts and minds of those who visit. Bunkhouse has a reputation for building memorable experiences that offer more than just a good night's sleep and a great cup of coffee.
Back to top