Senior UX Designer
As a designer working in Autodesk Construction Solutions (ACS) working on BuildingConnected products, you will be joining us in creating beautiful, user-friendly software and transforming an industry that’s traditionally been underserved by tech. Over $100 billion in new construction is managed on our platform every month. From major stadiums to local schools and hospitals, our tools are helping cities grow and communities come together. We’re solving real problems for real people.
Now, we are forming our first maker team in Toronto to build out products that will make subcontractors’ jobs easier by helping them find opportunities to bid on, manage their workflow, and collaborate easily with their coworkers. You will be a lead for this new team while also working closely with the team in our San Francisco HQ.
If you are excited about the opportunity to be a part of the first maker team in Toronto and if you want to join a greater team that is committed to crafting truly useful products for people in a hard-working industry, then working on our team at Autodesk Construction Solutions may be right for you!
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with Product to ideate and define product features and enhancements
- Communicate clearly and often with engineering and product to bring your designs to life
- Maintain and elevate the bar we have set for design
- Collaboratively evolve the visual style of the BuildingConnected products
- Distill complex, multi-sided workflows into intuitive user experiences
- Minimum 3 years experience as a visual designer, interaction designer, product designer or similar role
- Strong communication skills and experience collaborating with engineers, product managers, and other designers
- The ability to concept and execute great design while keeping business needs in mind
- You take pride in your work and are able to drive the design process from research to ideation to implementation
- Experience with a passion for user research/usability studies
- Available for occasional travel to San Francisco for onboarding and team building
- A self described generalist that believes good design is good design, regardless of the medium
- Excel at distilling complex workflows into simple and intuitive experiences
- Enjoy crafting compelling visual stories without losing sight of the problem at hand
- Can balance maintaining a high bar for aesthetics and usability with shipping product and meeting business needs
With Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It’s disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone - from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital artists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies: Autodesk does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Autodesk will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Autodesk, Inc.
Back to top