Senior Software Engineer
Autodesk has fully reimagined the construction business for the digital age, enabling companies to address the most important challenges they face today while preparing for new ways of working in the future. The Autodesk Construction Solutions (ACS) portfolio connects the office, trailer and field so customers can move seamlessly through each phase of a building’s lifecycle — from design and pre-construction to construction, turnover and operations — with best-in-class solutions that include Assemble Systems, BIM 360, BuildingConnected and PlanGrid. General contractors, subcontractors, and owners around the world rely on ACS to win more work, enhance collaboration, speed decision-making, reduce risk, and improve overall project outcomes.
BuildingConnected is integral for our pre-construction solutions. We enable the future of construction as the definitive source of information to help customers win more work, connect with the right people or job, and reduce risk. Our beautiful, user-friendly software is solving real problems for real people. At BuildingConnected, we strive to connect every business in the $10 trillion construction industry and improve the lives and jobs of millions of hardworking construction professionals.
Our mission is to connect every business in the $10 trillion construction industry and to strengthen the lives, jobs, and relationships of millions of hardworking construction professionals worldwide.
Engineering at BuildingConnected, an ACS company:
As software engineers at BuildingConnected, our job is simple: we create efficiency. Whether it’s indexing millions of American businesses for lightning-quick search, optimizing the transfer of terabytes of architectural drawings, or building clean new UIs to manage thousands of business opportunities, we pride ourselves in creating efficiency through code. If you like effecting change on a global scale and want to work with an awesome team that is building truly useful products for people in a hard-working industry, we should chat. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company with massive upside! Learn more here.
- 2+ years of experience
Our expectations of you:
- Great communicator and collaborator
- Lead by influence and example
- Quick to unblock your teammates
- Actively seeks and gives feedback
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior engineers
- Pays attention to detail and maintains quality in a large codebase
- Able to architect, document, build, and launch complex products
- Moderate technical discussions but also weigh in with your own opinion
- Cultivate a blameless culture and encourage your peers to embrace and learn from failure
Our commitments to you:
- Amicable teammates
- Room for growth and mobility
- Thoughtful and practical interview process
- Autonomy and ownership of features and products
- Product focus with an emphasis on helping real people
Our Tech Stack:
- Experience with any of the following technologies we use on a daily basis is preferred but not necessary:
- React / Redux
- MongoDB / ElasticSearch / Redis / Redshift
- Docker / Heroku / AWS
Benefits & Perks
- Health: Medical, dental and vision
- Food: Snacks galore, Tim Horton's on Fridays, and a plethora of drink options
- Savings: Take advantage of our 401K match + Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Development: Annual learning allowance + unlimited Linkedin Learnings
- Well-being: Annual wellness allowance + EAPP
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax benefit to help you get to work
- Work/Life Balance: 9 paid holidays (+ company shutdown between Christmas and New Years!) and generous vacation policy
BuildingConnected is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Please note that the advertised position is an opportunity with Autodesk, Inc. (https://www.autodesk.com/), as Autodesk recently acquired BuildingConnected. Processing of your personal information as part of the job application process, and as part of Autodesk employment should a candidate be hired, will be handled by Autodesk pursuant to Autodesk’s Candidate Privacy Statement, available at: https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/www/content/careers/autodesk_candidate_privacy_statement.pdf.
Back to top