Senior Software Engineer
Our mission is to connect every business in the $10 trillion construction industry and to strengthen the lives, jobs, and relationships of millions of hardworking construction professionals worldwide.
We’re building beautiful, user-friendly communication software and transforming an industry that’s traditionally been underserved by tech. Over $100 billion in new construction is managed on our platform every month. From the new Warriors stadium to local schools and hospitals, our tools are helping cities grow and communities come together. We’re solving real problems for real people.
Founded in 2012, we’ve raised $53 million from credible investors like Lightspeed Venture Partners, Brookfield, Crosslink Capital, and Brick & Mortar. We’re a fun, fast-growing team that’s passionate about building products people love.
Engineering at BuildingConnected:
As software engineers at BuildingConnected, our job is simple: we create efficiency. Whether it’s indexing millions of American businesses for lightning-quick search, optimizing the transfer of terabytes of architectural drawings, or building clean new UIs to manage thousands of business opportunities, we pride ourselves in creating efficiency through code. If you like effecting change on a global scale and want to work with an awesome team that is building truly useful products for people in a hard-working industry, we should chat. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing startup with a massive upside! Learn more here.
- 4+ years of experience
Our expectations of you:
- Great communicator and collaborator
- Lead by influence and example
- Quick to unblock your teammates
- Actively seeks and gives feedback
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior engineers
- Pays attention to detail and maintains quality in a large codebase
- Able to architect, document, build, and launch complex products
- Moderate technical discussions but also weigh in with your own opinion
- Cultivate a blameless culture and encourage your peers to embrace and learn from failure
Our commitments to you:
- Amicable teammates
- Room for growth and mobility
- Thoughtful and practical interview process
- Autonomy and ownership of features and products
- Product focus with an emphasis on helping real people
Our Tech Stack:
- Experience with any of the following technologies we use on a daily basis is preferred but not necessary:
- React / Redux
- MongoDB / ElasticSearch / Redis / Redshift
- Docker / Heroku / AWS
Perks and more:
- Supportive, smart, motivated co-workers and a fun office environment
- Full medical / dental / vision, etc
- 401K plan
- Endless snacks and beer
- Dog-friendly office
- Unlimited PTO & sick leave- work hard, take a break when you need
- Office is 1 block from Montgomery BART station in SF
BuildingConnected is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Back to top