Our mission is to connect every business in the $10 trillion construction industry and to strengthen the lives, jobs, and relationships of millions of hardworking construction professionals worldwide.
We’re creating beautiful, user-friendly communication software and transforming an industry that’s traditionally been underserved by tech. Over $100 billion in new construction is managed on our platform every month. From the new Warriors stadium to local schools and hospitals, our tools are helping cities grow and communities come together. We’re solving real problems for real people.
Engineering at BuildingConnected:
In engineering at BuildingConnected, our job is simple: we create efficiency. Whether it’s indexing millions of American businesses for lightning-quick search, optimizing the transfer of terabytes of architectural drawings, or building clean new UIs to manage thousands of business opportunities, we pride ourselves in creating efficiency through code. If you like effecting change on a global scale and want to work with an awesome team that is building truly useful products for people in a hard-working industry, we should chat. This is a great opportunity to join a growing startup with a massive upside! Learn more here
As a Data Engineer you’ll build and maintain the data infrastructure that makes BuildingConnected the leading network where pre-construction is done. We're driving progress across our application by leveraging data on the construction industry. From helping general contractors find subcontractors via recommendations and search, to building machine learning systems that eliminate manual data entry, you'll be integral to boosting our application as the source of truth in construction. You'll have autonomy to experiment with cutting edge tech, designing systems and holding ownership for their implementation. In your day-to-day, you'll work closely with the data science, analytics, and engineering teams to ensure our data infrastructure is consistently improving to better serve our customers.
Some of the technologies we rely on are:
- Elastic Map Reduce
- AWS Lambda
- Proficient with Python, PySpark, SQL, and at least one workflow manager such as Airflow. Bonus points for previously maintaining infrastructure for Airflow/Spark clusters
- Experience processing event stream to produce production usable data
- Experience with SQL/NoSql databases such Postgres, Redshift, MongoDb, and Neo4j
- Prior experience with machine learning/data science systems.
- Experience developing and maintaining solutions within AWS (EMR, EC2, RDS, Lambda, Redshift, etc.)
- Participate in sprint planning and design process.
- Evaluate and improve data infrastructure
- Work with data science team to develop ETL infrastructure and best practices
- Work with data science and feature teams to develop and maintain ETL pipelines
- Consult with feature teams to develop effective ETL to power their features
Perks & More:
- Supportive, thoughtful, and inspiring team and environment
- Generous medical, dental and vision coverage options. 401k, commuter benefit plans, FSA options available, as well.
- Stocked kitchens with plenty of drink and snack options as well as catered meals.
- Dog-friendly office
- Flexible PTO and sick leave- take a break when you need
- Paid parental leave
- Our office is 1 block from Powell BART station in San Francisco
BuildingConnected is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.